BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I was planning on going on a road trip and wanted to take my 18' G310R along with me. I was looking at a few motorcycle carriers with 400-600lbs capacities, but was a bit lost over which one to get. So, I'd really appreciate some help on getting a proper carrier for my motorcycle. Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thought you would have had some replies by now.
Why not try to get hold of the rear carrier from a G310GS? As far as I am aware it's a straight swap. Just remove the original pillion hand grips and bolt the carrier on. Getting a carrier may be a different problem. You could try Your local dealership (but expect to pay big bucks) or there's always Ebay or SW Motech, Touratech etc. I'm on the lookout for one, so far unsuccessfully.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think he is talking about a carrier fixed to a trailer hitch holder.

If it's for the car pictured in your avatar, I would be thinking light trailer rather than carrier. Most cars are restricted to Class 1Hitches, with a maximum tongue weight of 200 lbs....

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think he is talking about a carrier fixed to a trailer hitch holder.

If it's for the car pictured in your avatar, I would be thinking light trailer rather than carrier. Most cars are restricted to Class 1Hitches, with a maximum tongue weight of 200 lbs....
Ah yes!
Reading the thread again I see that he wants to carry the bike, not fit a carrier. A light trailer would de the job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts