BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just asked my friend to transfer me the CD I got from ebay in the form of a file. anybody is interested? i am not sure if it is allowed in this forum. but I don't think that this CD is legal anyway. to my knowledge it has not been released officially by BMW.

·
Super Moderator
956 Posts
i have just asked my friend to transfer me the CD I got from ebay in the form of a file. anybody is interested? i am not sure if it is allowed in this forum. but I don't think that this CD is legal anyway. to my knowledge it has not been released officially by BMW.
Yeah, sorry, not legal. The genuine manual has been released by BMW, I would recommend that everyone get their own genuine manual. For those that haven't bought a 310 yet, negotiate with the dealer to include the manual in the sale.

I know that a few forum members have genuine manuals, if you're after a couple of tightening torques, just ask on the forum.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, sorry, not legal. The genuine manual has been released by BMW, I would recommend that everyone get their own genuine manual. For those that haven't bought a 310 yet, negotiate with the dealer to include the manual in the sale.

I know that a few forum members have genuine manuals, if you're after a couple of tightening torques, just ask on the forum.
so are you saying that the CD sold on ebay is the original copy? it seems too cheap to come from bmw.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
It not only "seems" like there is, I bought one from the company Kris is linking to. It's on a DVD and could be installed on a pc-compatible computer. The benefit of having it installed is that you can download updates, when they are released.
The DVD containes a licensed service/repair manual for several models and is a multi-language app. If you can not handle the German language on the site of Leebman24, you can propably buy the DVD from some other BMW parts distributor.

Attachments

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It not only "seems" like there is, I bought one from the company Kris is linking to. It's on a DVD and could be installed on a pc-compatible computer. The benefit of having it installed is that you can download updates, when they are released.
The DVD containes a licensed service/repair manual for several models and is a multi-language app. If you can not handle the German language on the site of Leebman24, you can propably buy the DVD from some other BMW parts distributor.
I just ordered it, and since I am travelling to Germany, I will pick it it up from a friend.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
$90 FOR A SERVICE MANUAL...ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME!?!?!?

And I thought KTMs were expensive to own...wow
actually it is 65 euro, but in usd it is a bit more, like 73. yes, it is a joke, but there are more than one way that manufacturers are ripping us off.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just got the official manual for gs. it is the least user-friendly manual I have come across. it sucks. I still did not figure out how to use it.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thank you for that, but my links are on the right not in the middle. and even if I open them, it is difficult to find out what you are looking for.

for instance, someone wrote in the forum (thanks for that) that the torque for the front sprocket is 28Nm. I could not find this information in the manual. First, they call the front sprocket 'pinion' or something. Then to find the location of the main chain drive instructions is very difficult. I did find it eventually, but no torque value for the front sprocket.

I never saw such a retarded service manual. I use 2 for Kawasaki, 1 for Honda, and 1 for Triumph Tiger, and they are so much more straightforward.

Have you guys noticed that all people complain about the instructions given by SW Motech or Hepco? there is something off with the German mind like they cannot communicate the information properly. Incidentally, I am now in Germany and internet connection sucks :) People compare Germans to Japanise. I think it is a misconception. I did live in Japan, and whatever they do, in a technical dimension, leaves Germans in the stone age.

Well, at least their beer is much superior :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts