BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be no accessory center stand available .
Anyone know of another Bmw models center stand which could be used ?

·
Registered
197 Posts
No other BMW centre stands will fit unfortunately. A lot of people are dissatisfied with BMW as it was originally listed as an optional extra but then deleted from the list. Hopefully in the future, Wunderlich or Touratech will produce one. By the time BMW start producing them, some bikes may be worn out!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm equally disapointed as I do most of my own maintenance / servicing.
so have gone for one of these ...
Agree, I went with front & rear paddock stands. The combo is still about half the expected price of a fitted centre stand.

Reactions: SCG310R and G0MYW

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have front/rear paddock stands now but may go for centre later, I'm lucky a small fab shop near by owned by keen bikers will make anything for a bike, a fab shop that bends tube and tig/mig welds would find it not difficult to make a centre stand, they are safer when out and about than the prop stand, I think.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi G, I have that jack, its well made, do you take off the plastic skid pan from engine and jack the engine up ? I think there is official jack that picks up on the 4 points under the engine ?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your suggestions but, I don’t
want a “work stand/center stand” I want a
Center stand attached to the motorcycle.
While on the center stand the bike takes up
Less space and looks better

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi Flab, according to BM`s web page for accessories for the 310, there is a centre stand 46538560650/77258566523, but BM know nothing of these part numbers, some guys say there is no fittings on the under frame to fix a centre stand to but when you guys get time get low and have a shufty there are fittings on mine I'm sure, please let all know that's interested in centre stand.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The companies say there is no were to fix a centre stand but have a look under yours G and let us know what you see under there.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I have been searching the internet for centre stands for the G310R with no result so far.
I hope that the major companies that make BMW parts will come up with a centre stand if BMW does not make their own.
I will keep watching Wunderlich, Hornig etc.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Oh it's there alright !

I have the 2016 service manual for the 310 in which the procedure to mount the center stand is described.

I can confirm that ,in the case of my bike, the mounting points for the center stand are present.

I can't understand why BMW are holding back on it.

But I'm old enough to think every bike is supposed to come with a center stand as standard equipment!

RobertB

·
Registered
27 Posts
Center Stand

I called my dealer yesterday and he told me that BMW does in fact make a center stand for their new model and assured me that they did not change their plans. It is due to arrive and be made available for about $175.00 US . November 3rd is the date they gave me.:smile2:

·
Registered
308 Posts
bbb, so chuffed I'm not the only one knows the fix points are there on the bike ready for the centre stand and the part numbers available to all except BMW !!!!!

1 - 20 of 96 Posts