BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

Center stand from other BMW

38K views 95 replies 25 participants last post by  SiouxzyQue 
#1 ·
There seems to be no accessory center stand available .
Anyone know of another Bmw models center stand which could be used ?

#2 ·
No other BMW centre stands will fit unfortunately. A lot of people are dissatisfied with BMW as it was originally listed as an optional extra but then deleted from the list. Hopefully in the future, Wunderlich or Touratech will produce one. By the time BMW start producing them, some bikes may be worn out!

#4 · (Edited)
I'm equally disapointed as I do most of my own maintenance / servicing.
so have gone for one of these ...
Agree, I went with front & rear paddock stands. The combo is still about half the expected price of a fitted centre stand.

Reactions: SCG310R and G0MYW
#7 ·
I have front/rear paddock stands now but may go for centre later, I'm lucky a small fab shop near by owned by keen bikers will make anything for a bike, a fab shop that bends tube and tig/mig welds would find it not difficult to make a centre stand, they are safer when out and about than the prop stand, I think.

#10 ·
Hi Flab, according to BM`s web page for accessories for the 310, there is a centre stand 46538560650/77258566523, but BM know nothing of these part numbers, some guys say there is no fittings on the under frame to fix a centre stand to but when you guys get time get low and have a shufty there are fittings on mine I'm sure, please let all know that's interested in centre stand.

#15 ·
Oh it's there alright !

I have the 2016 service manual for the 310 in which the procedure to mount the center stand is described.

I can confirm that ,in the case of my bike, the mounting points for the center stand are present.

I can't understand why BMW are holding back on it.

But I'm old enough to think every bike is supposed to come with a center stand as standard equipment!

RobertB

#16 ·
Center Stand

I called my dealer yesterday and he told me that BMW does in fact make a center stand for their new model and assured me that they did not change their plans. It is due to arrive and be made available for about $175.00 US . November 3rd is the date they gave me.:smile2:

#36 ·
Don't know what to believe now???

Well, I am hearing conflicting stories out there just to update everyone regarding the much desired center stand.
Depending on which BMW dealer you talk to you will get different feedback.
I did place a call to BOB's BMW which is probably the top BMW motorcycle dealer in the country the other day.
Their official word is that they did hear from BMW and yes, THEY ARE NOT GOING TO OFFER A CENTER STAND FOR THE 310!!!
When I called BMW directly they were of no help and recommended that I contact one of the dealers for information.
Really Disappointed so far......

#24 ·
This is the answer I got from Wunderlich :-(

Dear Bas,
Thank you very much for your inquiry.
Unfortunately, we haven´t started developing a center stand for your bike yet.
I am really sorry!
Best regards, Sebastian

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Best Regards

Sebastian Durben

Sebastian Durben
Export

Wunderlich GmbH
Kranzweiherweg 12
53489 Sinzig-Gewerbepark / Germany

Fon: +49 2642 9798 162 Fax: +49 2642 9798 33
E-Mail: sdurben@wunderlich.de www.wunderlich.de

#27 ·
Not really happy with the Wunderlich answer Ireplied :

DearSebastiaan
Thanks foryour fast reply. As I toldyou, BMW is not making the center stand for the BMW G310R in the nearby future.This wouldbe a change for Wunderlich to make some money ;-) I know that there are several people from ourforum that are waiting for a center stand. Maby something to reconsider. Bestregards, Bas.

And this is their ‘new’ answer:
Dear Bas,
Thank you very much for your answer as well as your support. We are alwaysthankful for receiving ideas from our customers for new parts as well as forgetting feed back for our services. It was my pleasure to forward everything toour development dept. to check whether we´ll start to develop a center standfor your bike or not. Again, thank you very much!! :) Best regards Sebastian Mit freundlichen Grüßen Best Regards Sebastian Durben

Sebastian Durben
Export
Wunderlich GmbH
Kranzweiherweg 12
53489Sinzig-Gewerbepark / Germany
Fon: +49 2642 9798162 Fax: +49 2642 9798 33
E-Mail: sdurben@wunderlich.de www.wunderlich.de

#28 ·
Hi everybody
According to the answer from Wunderlich I will try to find out how many of you need / want a Wunderlich center stand.
If we come up with a serious amount of riders that want a center stand, Wunderlich, in my opinion, can't say no.
It's a busines that wants to make money (and us happy !) and they don't start up a production line for only one center stand.
If you want a center stand from Wunderlich, send a reply to this thread so I can try to convince Wunderlich they have a market for their BMW G310R center stand.
So, put down your name ..............
1. Bas310
etc............................

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.