BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get a centre stand for my 310GS.
Is this an easy diy fit ?
Any suggestions as to which one to get in UK ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got the Wunderlich Centre Stand for mine. Great quality and fairly easy to fit. The only problem I had was getting the springs hooked over the lugs. They give you a little spring puller tool to do it but I couldn't pull the springs enough to do it. Ended up leveraging them on with a screw driver.

·
Registered
136 Posts
They give you a little spring puller tool to do it but I couldn't pull the springs enough to do it. Ended up leveraging them on with a screw driver.
Easiest way, for the benefit of others, to extend the spring is to put one end in a vice, bend the spring and put coins or washers in to the open side of the coil. Put spring in place then remove coins.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Easiest way, for the benefit of others, to extend the spring is to put one end in a vice, bend the spring and put coins or washers in to the open side of the coil. Put spring in place then remove coins.
Will it work with MasterCard or Visa? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
175 Posts
By the way, I used a bent screwdriver to get the coil springs attached. Wasn't too hard. I have Hepco Beckers center stand.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Motech told me they stopped making stand for R because of inconsistency in the mountings on the bike. In other words they couldn’t be sure the stand would fit.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It is hard to imagine the frame of the GS is built to more stringent tolerances than the R. One has shown up on Ebay from offshore which claimed to fit both, but those who have tried using GS stand on R said it didn't work. I would also buy a stand for R for a couple of hundred dollars. In the mean time a Harbor Freight paddock stand works for the rear-$40.00.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts