BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Currently bikeless. Buying a GS310 in Spring 2021
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Collecting a new 2021 bike in the next couple of weeks. I wanted to fit a centre stand. When I asked the dealer the workshop said the Wunderlicht stand interfered with side stand.
Has anyone had any experience of this? Or has anyone fitted another centre stand and had no problems?

·
Registered
461 Posts
I fitteted a Hepco & Becker center stand on my G310GS. I had no problems with it. Now I have dismounted the stand, rear foot peg supports, earlier attached H&B pannier racks and the OE exhaust.I installed engine protection bars (cheap), a home made al-bash plate (more of a oil filter stone protector) and a Yoshimura muffler (too loud) with Dominator header pipe. This way I saved approx.. 12 kg of dead weight.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Collecting a new 2021 bike in the next couple of weeks. I wanted to fit a centre stand. When I asked the dealer the workshop said the Wunderlicht stand interfered with side stand.
Has anyone had any experience of this? Or has anyone fitted another centre stand and had no problems?
I have seen a centre stand (adjustable) advertised on the T-Rex-Racing site for both the GS and R. These are shown on youtube being fitted, they maybe the answer but very expensive. Has anyone fitted one of these centre stands?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have one, but yet to fit it.
It's part of a comprehensive scheme of crash bars, bash plate, respraying, etc., etc.
I have to say that it is no light-weight ( at around 7 lbs )... very sturdy !
As for price: When I was originally looking all the brand-name centre stands were around the $200 mark, and many people had problems with fit and interference, especially with Wunderlich. Just check the posts on this forum...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have one, but yet to fit it.
It's part of a comprehensive scheme of crash bars, bash plate, respraying, etc., etc.
I have to say that it is no light-weight ( at around 7 lbs )... very sturdy !
As for price: When I was originally looking all the brand-name centre stands were around the $200 mark, and many people had problems with fit and interference, especially with Wunderlich. Just check the posts on this forum...
I think I have seen reports of the Wonderlich centre stand and problems when fitting to the G310r. I look forward to hearing you got on fitting your CS from T-Rex-Racing, I hope it goes well. I am looking to add a few bits to my R, screen, radiator cover, front fender extender and centre stand, if can afford it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Bad news-good news on the T-Rex stand!
I tried to fit mine last weekend, and hit a snag;
There is a triangular bracket T-Rex supply that bolts between the back of the chain roller-mount and the vacant 'centre stand' mount on the bike's frame. It also has a rod on it to hold the stand's retaining springs.
This bracket is over 1/4'' thick. It will only fit between the 2 mounts if you don't use the washer on the chain roller bolt.
However, I found that the stand's mounting hole in the bracket does not align with the corresponding hole in the frame's mount.
I called Duke at T-Rex, who was very helpful. They have a thinner replacement bracket, which they are sending out FOC.
I hope the holes will align on this new one, once it arrives...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Bad news-good news on the T-Rex stand!
I tried to fit mine last weekend, and hit a snag;
There is a triangular bracket T-Rex supply that bolts between the back of the chain roller-mount and the vacant 'centre stand' mount on the bike's frame. It also has a rod on it to hold the stand's retaining springs.
This bracket is over 1/4'' thick. It will only fit between the 2 mounts if you don't use the washer on the chain roller bolt.
However, I found that the stand's mounting hole in the bracket does not align with the corresponding hole in the frame's mount.
I called Duke at T-Rex, who was very helpful. They have a thinner replacement bracket, which they are sending out FOC.
I hope the holes will align on this new one, once it arrives...
I will be interested to know how you get on with the replacement thinner bracket. Is there a supplier in the UK or do they come from the USA.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for your update. I look forward to the post on the result.
I have ordered a Hepco and Becker centre stand. Hassleman said he had no problems with it and their UK supplier says they have never had any complaints. I will post the results once I have installed it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have ordered a Hepco and Becker centre stand. Hassleman said he had no problems with it and their UK supplier says they have never had any complaints. I will post the results once I have installed it.
Can I confirm that you have ordered a stand for the G310r. Their stand does fit the G310GS I know but I wasn't sure about the G310r.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can I confirm that you have ordered a stand for the G310r. Their stand does fit the G310GS I know but I wasn't sure about the G310r.
Hi Ilsemann,
Sorry I have ordered a stand for a GS310. I cannot say if it would also fit a 310 R. I contacted the UK supplier and they confirmed it would fit. Why don't you ask them, they seems happy to please. Motobins.co.uk, or just look for Hepco & Becker centre stand for BMW 310.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Ilsemann,
Sorry I have ordered a stand for a GS310. I cannot say if it would also fit a 310 R. I contacted the UK supplier and they confirmed it would fit. Why don't you ask them, they seems happy to please. Motobins.co.uk, or just look for Hepco & Becker centre stand for BMW 310.
Hi Billdiver47,
Thank you for your reply. I have looked on the H&B site but they do not seem to have a stand for the 'R'. Pity really, it seems there are many 'R' owners needing a centre stand. There might be a chance of T-Rex Racing having one which might fit, just waiting for an update on a fitting from another 'R' owner who has purchased one.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi,
I really suggest that anyone would be wise to check the web site listing for themselves, to avoid any confusion/disappointment.
Here it is... T-Rex Racing 2017 - 2020 BMW G 310 R Center Stand (t-rex-racing.com)
However, it clearly states ' This purchase is for a center stand for the BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS '...
This since it has extendable legs, which naturally adds some extra weight, especially for the R.
You should also note the comment about reduced ground clearance. But I would think that applies to adding any centre stand...?
FYI, I actually have a GS, not an R.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,
I really suggest that anyone would be wise to check the web site listing for themselves, to avoid any confusion/disappointment.
Here it is... T-Rex Racing 2017 - 2020 BMW G 310 R Center Stand (t-rex-racing.com)
However, it clearly states ' This purchase is for a center stand for the BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS '...
This since it has extendable legs, which naturally adds some extra weight, especially for the R.
You should also note the comment about reduced ground clearance. But I would think that applies to adding any centre stand...?
FYI, I actually have a GS, not an R.
Hi,
Thank you for your input, I assumed this stand was for either version of the G310 with it having adjustable legs. This offering from T-Rex Racing looks to be the only option available for 'R' owners.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I will be interested to know how you get on with the replacement thinner bracket. Is there a supplier in the UK or do they come from the USA.
I contacted T-Rex on your behalf. This is their reply;
We do have registered dealers in the UK, however, most of them do not order stock quantities. Therefore, they more than likely will not have any available.
Most of our international customers order directly from us. Or from our eBay store, as eBay can offer better international shipping rates, since they are a bigger company than us.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I contacted T-Rex on your behalf. This is their reply;
We do have registered dealers in the UK, however, most of them do not order stock quantities. Therefore, they more than likely will not have any available.
Most of our international customers order directly from us. Or from our eBay store, as eBay can offer better international shipping rates, since they are a bigger company than us.
That is very interesting as I wasn't even aware of any dealers in the UK. Looks like an ebay purchase then. Thank you for your information and help. I look forward to hear the result of your fitting before purchasing.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Latest news:
I did receive the modified T-Rex spring mount bracket, which is thinner than the original one.
However, T-Rex now say that their stand does NOT fit the GS ( as the legs are not long enough ), so I have returned mine for a refund.
But before sending it off, I did check the bolt hole location- It was exactly the same size and place, so I doubt it would have fitted.
I have now just received an Hepco Becker stand.
Also very solid, but at least a pound lighter in weight that the T-Rex.
Interestingly, the spring mounting bracket is VERY similar to the T-Rex one, but the mounting hole is slightly extended/slotted, not just a round hole. Seems I am not the only one who has hit this problem !
It is thinner than the original T-Rex one, but has a spacer to use depending on the model year of the bike.
It appears that this is the origin of the bracket width issue.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Latest news:
I did receive the modified T-Rex spring mount bracket, which is thinner than the original one.
However, T-Rex now say that their stand does NOT fit the GS ( as the legs are not long enough ), so I have returned mine for a refund.
But before sending it off, I did check the bolt hole location- It was exactly the same size and place, so I doubt it would have fitted.
Interestingly, the spring mounting bracket is VERY similar to the T-Rex one, but the mounting hole is slightly extended/slotted, not just a round hole. Seems I am not the only one who has hit this problem !
It is thinner than the original T-Rex one, but has a spacer to use depending on the model year of the bike.
Thank you for your update. I was awaiting good news but it seems this issue will run. I have the G310r and have contacted BMW but without success. I have now purchased front and rear paddock stands which arrived today.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Latest news:
Hepco Becker stand installation:
So, I installed the HB centre stand on my GS yesterday.
First and foremost, does it work ? Yes it does !
I will post comments on a separate thread, since it is specific to this brand- Just search for 'Hepco Becker GS center stand installation'

1 - 20 of 31 Posts