BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Currently bikeless. Buying a GS310 in Spring 2021
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Collecting a new 2021 bike in the next couple of weeks. I wanted to fit a centre stand. When I asked the dealer the workshop said the Wunderlicht stand interfered with side stand.
Has anyone had any experience of this? Or has anyone fitted another centre stand and had no problems?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I fitteted a Hepco & Becker center stand on my G310GS. I had no problems with it. Now I have dismounted the stand, rear foot peg supports, earlier attached H&B pannier racks and the OE exhaust.I installed engine protection bars (cheap), a home made al-bash plate (more of a oil filter stone protector) and a Yoshimura muffler (too loud) with Dominator header pipe. This way I saved approx.. 12 kg of dead weight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Collecting a new 2021 bike in the next couple of weeks. I wanted to fit a centre stand. When I asked the dealer the workshop said the Wunderlicht stand interfered with side stand.
Has anyone had any experience of this? Or has anyone fitted another centre stand and had no problems?
I have seen a centre stand (adjustable) advertised on the T-Rex-Racing site for both the GS and R. These are shown on youtube being fitted, they maybe the answer but very expensive. Has anyone fitted one of these centre stands?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have one, but yet to fit it.
It's part of a comprehensive scheme of crash bars, bash plate, respraying, etc., etc.
I have to say that it is no light-weight ( at around 7 lbs )... very sturdy !
As for price: When I was originally looking all the brand-name centre stands were around the $200 mark, and many people had problems with fit and interference, especially with Wunderlich. Just check the posts on this forum...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have one, but yet to fit it.
It's part of a comprehensive scheme of crash bars, bash plate, respraying, etc., etc.
I have to say that it is no light-weight ( at around 7 lbs )... very sturdy !
As for price: When I was originally looking all the brand-name centre stands were around the $200 mark, and many people had problems with fit and interference, especially with Wunderlich. Just check the posts on this forum...
I think I have seen reports of the Wonderlich centre stand and problems when fitting to the G310r. I look forward to hearing you got on fitting your CS from T-Rex-Racing, I hope it goes well. I am looking to add a few bits to my R, screen, radiator cover, front fender extender and centre stand, if can afford it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts