BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hepco Becker stand installation:
So, I installed the HB centre stand on my GS yesterday.
First and foremost, does it work ? Yes it does !
I will post comments on a separate thread, since it is specific to this brand- Just search for 'Hepco Becker GS center stand installation'
I have the G3102r and was told by Hepco Becker, they do not supply a centre stand for the 'R'. I have since bought front and rear paddock stands as I was fed up with trying to find the impossible.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have the G3102r and was told by Hepco Becker, they do not supply a centre stand for the 'R'. I have since bought front and rear paddock stands as I was fed up with trying to find the impossible.
I empathise with your frustration, but Hepco are not the only supplier with stuff for this bike...
Here's the link to T-Rex's G310R stand.
T-Rex Racing 2017 - 2020 BMW G 310 R Center Stand (t-rex-racing.com)
All the photo's and the link lower down their page to their Youtube video clearly show installation on an R.
Now they have also added the note that it DOESN'T fit the GS.
That said, I can't guarantee smooth sailing, re. the issues I wrote about above.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I empathise with your frustration, but Hepco are not the only supplier with stuff for this bike...
Here's the link to T-Rex's G310R stand.
T-Rex Racing 2017 - 2020 BMW G 310 R Center Stand (t-rex-racing.com)
All the photo's and the link lower down their page to their Youtube video clearly show installation on an R.
Now they have also added the note that it DOESN'T fit the GS.
That said, I can't guarantee smooth sailing, re. the issues I wrote about above.
The centre stand is the only item I have been unable to find for the G310r. T-Rex Racing looked to a possibility and I thought after you had your problems it might be the answer. Like I said, in frustration, I have now got the paddock stands.
Unfortunately, I may have a coolant problem, there are the odd small drips coming from the drip tube. I understand this is another problem known to this bike by BMW. Thanks for all your help. John

·
Registered
Currently bikeless. Buying a GS310 in Spring 2021
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
There's always something !......
Hi Imperiton, You said you have installed the Hepco & Becker centre stand and would post how you got on under the heading Hepco Becker centerstand for GS. Have you poosted yet as I cannot find it?
Bill

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey Bill,
Not yet... I have to work for a living, too. : )
In short, suffice to say that it's a fiddle...
What should've taken 30-60 min.s start to finish actually took over 2 hours, and some select and colourful language !
If you want an idea, check the T-Rex video. NB that there are very good reasons for the edit/cuts in their vid. !
But actually, their bars would be easier to install ( if they fit my bike ) than the HB's, for various reasons which I will go into.
That said, the HB's are on and work, and I'm happy with them so far.
FYI, I still have the Givi bars attached, and no interference.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hepco Becker stand installation:
So, I installed the HB centre stand on my GS yesterday.
First and foremost, does it work ? Yes it does !
I will post comments on a separate thread, since it is specific to this brand- Just search for 'Hepco Becker GS center stand installation'
The thread began with an inquiry for a 2021 model. What year is your 310 GS?

·
Registered
461 Posts
The thread began with an inquiry for a 2021 model. What year is your 310 GS?
If you're worried about fitness (not your's, the center stands ;) ), send a mail to Hepco & Becker and ask them. As the manufacturer, they should know if it fits your 2021 bike.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Collecting a new 2021 bike in the next couple of weeks. I wanted to fit a centre stand. When I asked the dealer the workshop said the Wunderlicht stand interfered with side stand.
Has anyone had any experience of this? Or has anyone fitted another centre stand and had no problems?
I put a sw motech on mine. Easy install. Took a bit to get it. Recommend them. Quality stuff.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Collecting a new 2021 bike in the next couple of weeks. I wanted to fit a center stand. When I asked the dealer the workshop said the Wunderlicht stand interfered with side stand.
Has anyone had any experience of this? Or has anyone fitted another centre stand and had no problems?
I put a sw motech center stand on. Takes awhile to get it. Bought it through Revzilla. Works great. It was a bit of a pain to put on. I just used a long screw driver to get the spring on. That part was easy

21 - 31 of 31 Posts