BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Read Only
Discussion Starter #1
I see SW MOTECH are offering centre stands for the GS at 150 euros. Anyone tried one yet?

Registered
Now the riders manual makes sense. It says to put the bike on the centre stand when checking the oil (if equipped).
I keep looking but can't find mine. 馃槀

Registered

Attachments

Registered
GS center stand available from an eBay seller (moto roar) in Bangkok. $150 US + shipping.

Mine:

Registered
If I buy a G310GS I also want a center stand. For G310R there is a center stand available from BMW, but not for the G310GS. :-(

Do you mean this center stand for G310GS?
https://sw-motech.com/en/products/safety/stands/centerstand/4052572050019.htm

Moreover, the underrun protection made of aluminium on this picture is nice - much better than the ghastly plastic-thing.
Although there was a centre stand originally listed as an OE for the G310R, it never became available from BMW and there are no plans for it to be offered in the future .SW-Motech are rumoured to be listing one soon for the G310R whereas one for the G310GS is already listed, even though the G310R went on sale 6-7 months before the G310GS.

Registered
The mythical BMW center stand also has 2 springs - per the installation manual.

You only NEED one, but the second is a backup for safety in case one breaks.

Registered
The SW-MOTECH photo shows a spring within a spring rather than one in each side.
My VStrom was like that. Slightly fiddlier to fit than two separate springs, but it performs the same function.

Registered
The price of 150 Euros for the SW-Motech stand is not cheap.
Lets wait how much the original stand from BMW will cost.
2 springs are good. :)
Don't hold your breath on this...
A) It could be quite the wait
B) Doubtful if anything OEM from BMW is cheaper

If I wanted a centre stand, the one Michael J got from Thailand would work for me.

Reactions: Glencoeman

Registered
Hello,

BMW will not offer an original center stand for G310GS and G310R in 2018. :-(
So I ordered the SW-Motech center stand for my G310GS.

Btw, do you think that it is possible to use the SW-Motech aluminium engine protection in combination with the Hepco engine protection bar?

Attachments

Registered
Hello,

BMW will not offer an original center stand for G310GS and G310R in 2018. :-(
So I ordered the SW-Motech center stand for my G310GS.

Btw, do you think that it is possible to use the SW-Motech aluminium engine protection in combination with the Hepco engine protection bar?
No, see your other post on this topic.

Registered
I have the SW Motech skid plate and center stand installed on my GS. Huge upgrade and really happy with the fitment. I had to make one slight modification to a bracket on the skid plate so it would play nice with my Wunderlich engine protection bars.

Registered
M, any way of knowing if GS stand will fit R please.
I took pics of the bellies of both an R and a GS - the mounting points appear to be identical (no surprise - they use the same frame)

The only issue is that the GS is taller - any competent welder can address that in just a few minutes. Easy to make them shorter. Stretching them takes more talent.

Both pics taken with phone flat on the ground, bikes on sidestands.

R:

GS:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts