BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Now the riders manual makes sense. It says to put the bike on the centre stand when checking the oil (if equipped).
I keep looking but can't find mine. 馃槀

Registered

Attachments

Registered
If I buy a G310GS I also want a center stand. For G310R there is a center stand available from BMW, but not for the G310GS. :-(

Do you mean this center stand for G310GS?
https://sw-motech.com/en/products/safety/stands/centerstand/4052572050019.htm

Moreover, the underrun protection made of aluminium on this picture is nice - much better than the ghastly plastic-thing.
Although there was a centre stand originally listed as an OE for the G310R, it never became available from BMW and there are no plans for it to be offered in the future .SW-Motech are rumoured to be listing one soon for the G310R whereas one for the G310GS is already listed, even though the G310R went on sale 6-7 months before the G310GS.

Registered
The mythical BMW center stand also has 2 springs - per the installation manual.

You only NEED one, but the second is a backup for safety in case one breaks.

Registered
The price of 150 Euros for the SW-Motech stand is not cheap.
Lets wait how much the original stand from BMW will cost.
2 springs are good. :)
Don't hold your breath on this...
A) It could be quite the wait
B) Doubtful if anything OEM from BMW is cheaper

If I wanted a centre stand, the one Michael J got from Thailand would work for me.

Reactions: Glencoeman

Registered
Hello,

BMW will not offer an original center stand for G310GS and G310R in 2018. :-(
So I ordered the SW-Motech center stand for my G310GS.

Btw, do you think that it is possible to use the SW-Motech aluminium engine protection in combination with the Hepco engine protection bar?
No, see your other post on this topic.

Registered
I have the SW Motech skid plate and center stand installed on my GS. Huge upgrade and really happy with the fitment. I had to make one slight modification to a bracket on the skid plate so it would play nice with my Wunderlich engine protection bars.

Registered
M, any way of knowing if GS stand will fit R please.
I took pics of the bellies of both an R and a GS - the mounting points appear to be identical (no surprise - they use the same frame)

The only issue is that the GS is taller - any competent welder can address that in just a few minutes. Easy to make them shorter. Stretching them takes more talent.

Both pics taken with phone flat on the ground, bikes on sidestands.

R:

GS:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.