BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need the width of the chain sprocket holes and the distance between the outer edge of the holes to the outer edge of the chain.

Thanks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
You don't own a G310R yet and have a special project in mind ?
Else if you have the bike what is preventing you from figuring out the measures by yourself ?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Winblows,
Ýou can use your alarm lock, with a shackle from16mm thick, through your front disc brake.
I use a Kryptonite disk lock which is also (almost) 16 mm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Winblows,
Ýou can use your alarm lock, with a shackle from16mm thick, through your front disc brake.
I'll prefer to lock the chain sprocket hole. Front wheel with a lock in the front disc brake is easily and quick to replace.
The lock I'm looking at is an Oxford Boss Alarm Disc Lock (approved by Thatcham Vehicle Security, SBSC Intygad Produkt) and I wonder if the 16mm version will fit the chain sprocket hole?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Due to the design of the sprocket with sprocket holes and nuts being near the outer edge, it is very difficult to get a chain oiler in the right place despite Scottoil having mounting instructions for the G310R on their website.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I need the width of the chain sprocket holes and the distance between the outer edge of the holes to the outer edge of the chain.
Thanks.
Dimensions you want are
(1) width of the chain sprocket slots = 10 mm
(2) distance between the outer edge of the holes to the outer edge of the chain = 23 mm approx

Hope that helps

Reactions: Winblows

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Winblows,
Dimensions you want are
(1) width of the chain sprocket slots = 10 mm
(2) distance between the outer edge of the holes to the outer edge of the chain = 23 mm approx

Hope that helps
Thanks guys! That helps :wink2:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Due to the design of the sprocket with sprocket holes and nuts being near the outer edge, it is very difficult to get a chain oiler in the right place despite Scottoil having mounting instructions for the G310R on their website.
Mine works fine, I followed the Scottoiler instructions and all working ok with no issues and dripping oil in the middle of the chain and spreading out

·
Registered
197 Posts
Mine works fine, I followed the Scottoiler instructions and all working ok with no issues and dripping oil in the middle of the chain and spreading out
The problem I found was that when I tried using my paddock stand (which is positioned underneath the swinging arm - the same type as the one that BMW show in their owners manual), the Scottoiler feed tube would be crushed. I also thought of just having the oil drip direct on the chain at the front , near the gearbox end but haven't done anything yet.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Bas have you heard of a 310 chain showing rust or has anyone ? under 2000 miles and one year old never ridden in the wet she is garaged and chain cleaned often with paraffin and correct grease could the paraffin be the problem ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Anybody knows if you can get a different front sprocket? I would like to drop the revs a bit. Did 550kms today through the mountains.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts