BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310R, 2020 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650cc
53 Posts
My main concern with this video is the problem with bikes with no main stand and adjusting the chain or checking the chain Is not highlighted. The critical check not shown and the reason why it’s more difficult on a side stand is the need to be able to rotate the wheel and check the full length of the chain for any uneven wear shown as tight spots in the chain. The chain should be checked and if adjustment is required it should be done at the tightest point of the chain length, failing to do this could result in the chain being adjusted at another less tight area of the chain and with the result of making the chain too tight causing possible damage to gearbox, sprockets, and create difficulty in changing gear. No main stand also makes it impossible to check the wheel alignment correctly and for safety the rear wheel should not be running in gear for this check on any stand.

·
Registered
2018 G310R
8 Posts
It's one of the prime examples of penny-pinching by manufacturers worldwide not to fit centre stands to their roadsters. Right up there with no proper mudguarding and no provision for carrying luggage. We motorcyclists have been conned for years over this. It's OK for sports bikes, they're only fit for track use anyway! Sensible bikes should have sensible fitments. Don't get me started on the need for "Comfort" seats as expensive accessories. Can you imagine buying a car with no boot, open wheels and unfit-for-purpose seats?

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310R, 2020 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650cc
53 Posts
It's one of the prime examples of penny-pinching by manufacturers worldwide not to fit centre stands to their roadsters. Right up there with no proper mudguarding and no provision for carrying luggage. We motorcyclists have been conned for years over this. It's OK for sports bikes, they're only fit for track use anyway! Sensible bikes should have sensible fitments. Don't get me started on the need for "Comfort" seats as expensive accessories. Can you imagine buying a car with no boot, open wheels and unfit-for-purpose seats?
I agree my biggest complaint with new bikes with chain drive is no main stand, but my 2020 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 does come with a main stand for £5699 OTR. New cars have not had spare wheels included for years!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts