BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
BMW 310GS 2019
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having read a few post's on here regarding charging issue's and stator, reg/rec failure's I bought and fitted a usb socket with built in voltage indicator and was a bit alarmed to see it indicating 15.7v charging,
occasionally peaking at 16v while riding.
Should I be concerned?
Vehicle Hood Plant Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
21 Posts
I must admit that I don't know but noticed there is a discussion on the theme here.. New Voltage Regulator.

·
Registered
G310GS 2018
624 Posts
Having read a few post's on here regarding charging issue's and stator, reg/rec failure's I bought and fitted a usb socket with built in voltage indicator and was a bit alarmed to see it indicating 15.7v charging,
occasionally peaking at 16v while riding.
Should I be concerned?
View attachment 17204
Have you checked the reading is correct? If it's a cheap Chinese device, it could give any approximate reading. I bought a thermometer with three remote devices. The device is "Made in China" and all fore measuring units (three remotes + the base) gives different readings standing next to each other. Check with a quality multimeter or three different cheap multimeters. If the averige is still "high", you have a problem.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Like those folks said your too hot. Unless you’ve a lithium batter, they require a higher voltage but even then your borderline. Time for regulator change, switch to a non shunting unit.
sh 847 or sh 775 Same skill level as installing the meter, Google is your friend.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Great your off to dealer, hopefully you’ve caught the overcharging before damage to stator and/or bat ray. Don’t feel alone. I installed a meter during the 500 mile service. 15+ volts at idle…..so it’s going to dealer for a regulator as well as the water pump which I found to be leaking…..bother.

Reactions: LMarr [DK]
1 - 9 of 9 Posts