BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ho all.
Last night I left the bike in the garage, and of course, left the key in the on position. Of course dead battery in the morning. I have a battery junior. The leads are outside the bike on the right side. Should I just connect the battery junior, plug it in, power on and leave it? How long to charge?
Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
229 Posts
Certainly give it a try and see what happens IMO. It may take a good long while because the charge rate is relatively low but it's probably better in the long run to recharge it slowly.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ho all.
Last night I left the bike in the garage, and of course, left the key in the on position. Of course dead battery in the morning. I have a battery junior. The leads are outside the bike on the right side. Should I just connect the battery junior, plug it in, power on and leave it? How long to charge? Thanks Mark
If what you have is a Battery Tender Junior, and that the battery is fully dis-charged, it should take a few hours for a full re-charge since I think this charger is under 1amp ? but yes it's totally safe to plug and leave there, it will switch to maintenance/monitoring mode once it's fully charged and the light on it will tell you so.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tender was no good to me at all. Too slow. I ended up getting an Everstart from Walmart for $20 and it charged promptly.
Also the charger has a a digital display that tells you by percentage how much of the battery has been charged.

Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts