BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems to be a challenge without a center stand like my K75.

Any suggestions for doing this alone in the garage?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Either a paddock stand, or as I use, a plank of wood under the side stand to raise it up slightly, about 1/2” seems enough to get it upright without toppling over

·
Registered
935 Posts
I bought a kind of paddock stand for the front wheel. It is a kind of clamp.
You ‘drive’ in / on the stand and your front wheel is a little bit lifted and then secured.
You can even use it on a trailer and ‘they’ say you don’t need to strap it down any further.

The German G310 website is letting everybody ( in Germany) know that SW Motech is bringing out a center stand for the G310 in February / March 2018. Check their website in the upcoming weeks or months.

·
Registered
33 Posts
you never know...

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought a kind of paddock stand for the front wheel. It is a kind of clamp.
You ‘drive’ in / on the stand and your front wheel is a little bit lifted and then secured.
You can even use it on a trailer and ‘they’ say you don’t need to strap it down any further.

The German G310 website is letting everybody ( in Germany) know that SW Motech is bringing out a center stand for the G310 in February / March 2018. Check their website in the upcoming weeks or months.
Thanks Bas! Any chance you can post a link of that paddock stand you bought? And thanks for the info on the center stand, it's literally the ONLY mod I wanted from BMW and was going to have them install it before I bought the bike. Then POOF it's no longer an option...

·
Registered
35 Posts
For use in the US of A, I got the Harbor Freight motorcycle rear stand for $29 with the 20% off coupon. Works great and over 1/2 the cost of other brands.

You want to check oil after long trips I was told, mine was a little low after a 200 mile trip.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
For use in the US of A, I got the Harbor Freight motorcycle rear stand for $29 with the 20% off coupon. Works great and over 1/2 the cost of other brands.

You want to check oil after long trips I was told, mine was a little low after a 200 mile trip.
This may be a stupid question but having never used a stand like that, without spools where do the little hooks/brackets rest on the bike?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hooks under the swing arm, just ahead of the axle.
I have one like it and a front as well, easiest way for servicing and cleaning.

·
Registered
469 Posts
You know I would like a centre stand, but I am guessing it will be expensive?
With the two paddock stands I bought for $90 CDN, I will be okay for what I need to do.
Of course I will be restricted to use them only when at home, unless I strap them to the rear rack.:grin2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts