BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my bike the dealer had set the clock, afterwards I noticed that it was a couple of minutes fast, so I took that into consideration when going to work.
This morning I got to work having enjoyed the ride in the spring sunshine and admired the views, I was in plenty of time or so I thought. As I got off I realised that the time clock has gained 5 mins in a month.
Anyone else had this issue..

·
Registered
132 Posts
I suspect Tukemeister may ride more than average. mine is a bit slow but when I first bought it I rode a lot and it held time good.
cheaper electronic clock circuits are sensitive to voltage, higher voltage makes them run slightly faster. at rest a 12 volt battery fully charged has 12.8 volts, engine running voltage will be in the low to mid 14 volt range.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got back on the bike after a long long lay off. I got Covid and suffered, then seems as if I have long Covid. Battery good as I kept on an Optimate.
My clock is out by 1hr and 45 mins !

·
Registered
117 Posts
I only correct the clock when the clocks change from Summer time to Winter time, I keep it in the wrong year to stop the Service reminder showing. (Only works if less than 10000km since service update by BMW)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts