BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in the USA, my clock (GS) displays AM/PM instead of a proper 24 hour clock and there appears to be no way of changing it (unlike my Triumph, which gives me a choice).

I'm just wondering if locations outside of the US have a 24 hour clock display. Feedback appreciated. TIA

· Registered
469 Posts
I did that, and there's nothing I could find in the manual that describes how to change °F to °C. Can you tell us where that info might be hiding?
This is just a guess, but I am thinking metric for the countries that use it and imperial/US measurements elsewhere is
preset by manufacturers shipment destinations. I have not seen anything in the riders manual that shows how to change
it. Although the dealer may be able to when hooked up to their laptops.

Reactions: G0MYW

· Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is just a guess, but I am thinking metric for the countries that use it and imperial/US measurements elsewhere...
Undoubtedly - but I have to believe that it's only software and not a separate piece of hardware - especially on a bike with its price point.

· Registered
171 Posts
**** METRIC system! Fahrenheit temperature at least feels like the number. In Celsius 30 (sounds cold) is actually 86F. In the US everyone can picture a Gallon but a Liter? what is it and why do I feel ripped off?

Kilometers just exist to make you feel like you are going faster than you really are. 24 Hour mode is for military only. When I was in Thailand, it pissed me off when all the hours were in 24 hour as I had to keep translating in my mind.

To each his own.

· Registered
9 Posts
Metric System:
1 Kilometer is 1000 Meters or 1.000.000 Millimeters.
1 Liter is 1000³ cm or 100x100x100 Millimeters of water and it weighs 1 Kilogram or 1000 Gramms.
If the water is frozen it is 0 degrees Celsius, if the water is boiling it is 100 degrees Celsius.

Fahrenheit is a perfume from Christan Dior
And yes, I am German ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.