BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in the USA, my clock (GS) displays AM/PM instead of a proper 24 hour clock and there appears to be no way of changing it (unlike my Triumph, which gives me a choice).

I'm just wondering if locations outside of the US have a 24 hour clock display. Feedback appreciated. TIA

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
I was also wondering whether it was possible to change to Celsius rather than Fahrenheit. Must be a software adjustment.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I did that, and there's nothing I could find in the manual that describes how to change °F to °C. Can you tell us where that info might be hiding?
This is just a guess, but I am thinking metric for the countries that use it and imperial/US measurements elsewhere is
preset by manufacturers shipment destinations. I have not seen anything in the riders manual that shows how to change
it. Although the dealer may be able to when hooked up to their laptops.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is just a guess, but I am thinking metric for the countries that use it and imperial/US measurements elsewhere...
Undoubtedly - but I have to believe that it's only software and not a separate piece of hardware - especially on a bike with its price point.

·
Super Moderator
907 Posts
A dealer (service department) can change this, User NHOY had his clock changed from 24hr to 12h in one of the other threads.

I'll likely get mine changed from 12h to 24h next service

·
Registered
136 Posts
I did that, and there's nothing I could find in the manual that describes how to change °F to °C. Can you tell us where that info might be hiding?

Has to be done by the dealer, which means it does not comply with UK Regulations that demand it can be changed by a switch.

·
Registered
138 Posts
**** METRIC system! Fahrenheit temperature at least feels like the number. In Celsius 30 (sounds cold) is actually 86F. In the US everyone can picture a Gallon but a Liter? what is it and why do I feel ripped off?

Kilometers just exist to make you feel like you are going faster than you really are. 24 Hour mode is for military only. When I was in Thailand, it pissed me off when all the hours were in 24 hour as I had to keep translating in my mind.

To each his own.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Metric System:
1 Kilometer is 1000 Meters or 1.000.000 Millimeters.
1 Liter is 1000³ cm or 100x100x100 Millimeters of water and it weighs 1 Kilogram or 1000 Gramms.
If the water is frozen it is 0 degrees Celsius, if the water is boiling it is 100 degrees Celsius.

Fahrenheit is a perfume from Christan Dior
And yes, I am German ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts