BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. 2019 g310R - So I’ve read the threads about lever replacements and issues like clearance with non OEM clutch levers. Here’s the minor problem I’m having… the gears aren’t shifting smoothly. Sometimes it fights to go into 1st and 3rd
I’ve adjusted the cable both top and bottom, adjusted the lever and tried many setting there with all the cable adjustments. I think I found a decent setting for now. Maybe I’ll move the light switch and make sure there is zero contact

Larger problem - all of a sudden… the bike won’t start. Everything lights up, the dash goes through self check, just clicks/normal fuel pump prime… but no crank. Had it on the trickle charger, got a green light…. I’m lost.
Is the dealer gonna bust chops about AM levers? It’s still under guarantee

·
Super Moderator
1,186 Posts
new levers shouldn't influence warranty, if it doesn't start in neutral the levers have nothing to do with the issue. (have you checked the kill switch?)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update - the new lever wasn’t triggering the clutch switch, I messed with it and pulled the metal tab out a bit but still wasn’t working. I reinstalled the factory clutch lever, adjusted it and works fine. Even the shifting appears to be better. Also, battery was a tad low from all the futzing around.

I don’t use the kill switch, just the key. I think another problem people have is they don’t wait for the dash to cycle before starting the engine.

·
Registered
2019 G310GS
34 Posts
My 2019 G310gs doesn't have a "clutch switch" is that something specific to the R310r?
My suzuki has one, I dislike having to pull in the clutch lever every time to start it.

·
Super Moderator
1,186 Posts
My 2019 G310gs doesn't have a "clutch switch" is that something specific to the R310r?
My suzuki has one, I dislike having to pull in the clutch lever every time to start it.
The clutch switch is the little electric switch that's pushed by the clutch lever, it's what prevents your bike from starting when the bike is in gear and the clutch is not pulled in. You don't need to pull the clutch in if your bike is in neutral.

·
Registered
2018 G310R
14 Posts
Update - the new lever wasn’t triggering the clutch switch, I messed with it and pulled the metal tab out a bit but still wasn’t working. I reinstalled the factory clutch lever, adjusted it and works fine. Even the shifting appears to be better. Also, battery was a tad low from all the futzing around.

I don’t use the kill switch, just the key. I think another problem people have is they don’t wait for the dash to cycle before starting the engine.
I also do not use the kill switch But I also do not use the key. What I've gotten into the habit of doing is to use the side stand to turn the engine off. That way I'm sure that it is still in gear so that if I'm parked on a downhill slope, it will not roll forward off the sidestand when I walk away. Please don't ask me why I started this habit a long long time ago!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts