BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I am wondering is there any alternative clutch disk besides the OEM. Slipper Clutch Plate is preferred.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I installed slipper clutch on 650 Vulcan S to soften the clutch lever, as it has now 3 springs instead of 5. slipper clutch is supposed to soften the hard engine braking; for instance, if you go suddenly from 4tth to 3rd gear without slowing down. but even then it is not a real solution as it is still hard on the engine. so best is to do rev-matching or slow down to the speed where the rpm matches the lower gear. some small bikes like Versys 300 come with slipper clutch, but they are more needed on big displacement bikes.

The most common modification is fitting heavy-duty clutch springs (I wrote about it in another thread), or better frictions plates but I am not sure if that is needed. I found EBC being the only company that produces clutch kits for our bike. .

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure you need a slipper clutch anyway on a 300cc bike
If there is one, that would be great. I saw G310's twin , TVS Aparche 310, has sliper clutch. Kawasaki put slipper clutch in 400 line-up. Duke 390 has slipper clutch. So, why not?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well, l never found the need for one on any of my previous large capacity bikes.
I guess it will save you if you drop three gears and dump the clutch but ride properly and it’s not necessary.

Having said that my Duke 390 has one, but l don’t notice any difference in riding from my previous bike.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I kind of am not so so fond of EBC, based on my previous experience. Assuming that some of those clutch plates are superior to the OME ones, I really have no idea which are better....

·
Registered
322 Posts
Rekluse is thinking about making a clutch for the 310. It's not even in the Alpha stage yet, so no idea on when (or if) it will come to market. If you're interested, shoot them an email expressing said interest. The more interest, the higher the probability of it happening. Info from the G310GS forum on ADVRider.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts