BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Newbie rider here....And I dropped the bike, breaking the end of the clutch lever :-(
Any recommendations on what to replace it with? Can any aftermarket lever replacement fit or do I need a certain reference number?

Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
you can try revzill.com, they have a few universal levers that should fit, but also contact the shop where you purchased if they decent and not out to take advantage of you they will also give you options, but no you are not stuck to one part.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually the dealer said it costs about $100 from them and suggested to look elsewhere if I wanted to. just didnt know where to look and what I'm looking for to ensure it will fit. But I'll search around RevZilla. Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
Actually the dealer said it costs about $100 from them and suggested to look elsewhere if I wanted to. just didnt know where to look and what I'm looking for to ensure it will fit. But I'll search around RevZilla. Thanks
What part did you break exactly ? Just the lever part or did it also break where it mounts and where the mirror is attached ?
If it's just the lever, it should be around $30 for the genuine OEM one. Part# 32728388835

I doubt you can find a compatible replacement lever only from aftermarket at this point. Maybe as time goes but as of now you might have to stick with OEM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,
Newbie rider here....And I dropped the bike, breaking the end of the clutch lever :-(
Any recommendations on what to replace it with? Can any aftermarket lever replacement fit or do I need a certain reference number?

Thanks
Exact same thing happened to me. Only a small part of the clutch lever broke, about 2 inches long. Seems to be made that way to break in case of fall, as there is a small groove. My clutch lever still functions fine. My dealer quoted me for about 50 bucks for the lever, not including labour cost. I'm looking at other options too.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Exact same thing happened to me. Only a small part of the clutch lever broke, about 2 inches long. Seems to be made that way to break in case of fall, as there is a small groove. My clutch lever still functions fine. My dealer quoted me for about 50 bucks for the lever, not including labour cost. I'm looking at other options too.
At this point I doubt you'll find cheaper options than buying the OEM lever. If your dealer won't go down the price then just google "BMW 32728388835" and a choice of places to order it will pop out. $30-40 should do it.
If your dealer wants too much $ to your taste for a 5 minute job, then let's do it yourself:

1- Unscrew lock nut of tension adjuster. Screw-in the tension adjuster on lever to give you more free play and ease the job...
2- Unscrew the pivot bolt.
3- Remove the broken lever and free the tip of the cable.
4- Replace tip of cable inside new lever and put back new lever in place.
5- Redo step 2 and 1 in reverse order...
7- Keep old lever as spare - it's still working after all.

Here's a youtube video, not G310R specific, but any cable operated clutch lever is quite similar in design from bike to bike, so you can expect a very similar procedure.

·
Registered
46 Posts
OEM levers suck it on the G310. Please ideas and new products coming. I'm on the hunt and will do the same. Lots of confusion right now with the aftermarket manufactures about whats "really" available and what is on their websites. I get why, but it can lead to chasing rabbits...

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well I think when I get my G310GS I will make a mold of the levers and cast a couple extras in either Aluminum or Bronze. Maybe I will modify them a bit if need be ( shorten or different curve etc. ) and if I can pick up some adjustable ones I will mold them as well. I did that with the levers on my old Harley and the polished bronze looked really cool.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Me too.

Briefly looked at the "Puig Foldable Clutch Lever 2.0" but Revzilla's site stated that the (separate) mount was not suitable for the 310 GS.
Not sure if this is correct. Will look into this more closely sometime whenever.

Saw the aftermarket generic two finger clutch lever yesterday (at Sydney Motorcyle Show) - $150 or so.
By busting the last 2" off my clutch lever, did I increase the value of the bike?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Has anyone been able to successfully replace their stock levers with adjustable or folding ones?

·
Registered
916 Posts
That’s correct but (most of) their levers are universal.
Contact them and find out.
The head office in Sinzig speaks English (or send them an email - in English)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Happened to me too. But instead of the clutch lever, I broke my brake lever instead and dinged my muffler heat shield.

Tried ordering PUIG levers from Revzilla, but they were always out of stock of PUIG lever holders for the clutch.

Settled on an OEM brake lever instead, I even purchased a spare for both clutch and brake just in case.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts