BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have just over 1000 miles on my bike and the clutch lever has begun to rattle. Easy to duplicate at 7,000 rpm, it sounds like a buzzer. If I put pressure, in any direction, on the lever, it will go away. Has anyone else run into this issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm far from being a mechanical expert but did you notice any unusual slack in your lever ( front and back or up and down)? If so it could just be that the vibrations of the engine at high speed is enough to make the lever buzz because of the slack.
Try to tighten every nuts and bolts if there's anyand see if it fixes your issue
Hope it'll help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does move up and down loosely. No slack in the cable though. I have taken it apart to see if I could tighten it and the bracket itself is threaded and the boot the clutch lever pivots on is smooth and designed in such a way that the bracket cannot be overtightened. The lock nut you can see on the bottom of the bracket is just a redundancy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It does move up and down loosely. No slack in the cable though. I have taken it apart to see if I could tighten it and the bracket itself is threaded and the boot the clutch lever pivots on is smooth and designed in such a way that the bracket cannot be overtightened. The lock nut you can see on the bottom of the bracket is just a redundancy.
Hey! You want a couple mm of slack in your clutch cable! You will burn up your clutch otherwise!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have the exact same problem: clutch lever rattles by engine vibrations due to too much clearance between lever and its housing. I tried adding adhesive tape on the lever to reduce the clearance but there isn't a lot of space and this didn't really work. Anyone else experiencing this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts