BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode around Kettle Moraine State Park up in Wisconsin over the weekend. First real test of the GS for me. It did pretty well!. Rode in the rain with no issues. Even took it on a fire road and a little bit of dirt. It was pretty cold though and though I was dressed for the weather, by the time I got home, it was pretty frozen. My hand guards hadn't come in (over a month waiting for some Chinese junk... servers me right), and so I could feel the cold through my winter gloves. My feet were a bit cold as well. So if nothing else, this gives me an idea of what gear I should upgrade. I'll have short video up at some point this week. Side note... I have a deep hatred for this kickstand.

·
Registered
2019 BMW G310 GS
26 Posts
Cool ride,I have been in the area on a sport tourer. Next time when you go for a ride , hit me up , We can do a ride together, I’m in Chicago’s suburbs , more specific Countryside, near La Grange, Stevenson ( I 55) and Tristate ( I 294). Also there is a group ride organized by some people from the ADV rider forum, up in the Driftless area , where Illinois meets Wisconsin and Iowa, it is scheduled from June 4 to June 6, everyone is welcome, I will be joining them for a first time. This is the link for more info Hugellandschaft Adventure Ride June 5-6, 2021 NW Illinois.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Love the bikes! I'm from Oshkosh and I love that whole area. It's been years since I have been there. I'm going to give it a try this spring. Thanks! May I ask where you got the side bags from? I need to get some for my bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Makedon... Yeah I know where that is... I'm around Hanover Park / Bartlett area. Thanks for the invite! Not sure I can make it to that ride... but I'll definitely keep it in mind!
Max, you should definitely go back. It was great. The cases are the SHAD system. SH23. It comes with 2 cases and the hardware.

And here's that promised video. It's a quickie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts