BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So why did you choose the colour/color of your G310R?
I'll start, seeing as I asked this in the first place!
Being of a certain age, 50+, the BMW Motorsport White/Blue/Red is a classic colour/color scheme for me and not that dissimilar to the Martini Racing livery.
My NC700 is white and the '900 Scrambler is
I nearly went for the Stratos Blue, but it looked a bit bland to me, the Black and White is nice, but not nice enough!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Basically the opposite for me. I went to test ride one and it was Cosmic Black/White. I planned on ordering the pearl white but they had a Strato Blue inside the showroom and it caught my eye and ended up taking it home the same day.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
When I was looking at used 310's there was one pearl white and one black for sale. I picked the white as much more sporty looking. Still by far my favorite.

·
Super Moderator
934 Posts
Really didn't like the white panels with the black, but I saw the potential of the Cosmic Black colour and got the white panels sprayed in the same colour. I'm very happy with the result.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Defender -

Not an “R” owner, but a GS, but maybe it applies anyway?

I see your bike list, and I guess we have very similar tastes. I have a ‘14 Bonneville T100 Black. I have a ‘14 CB500x in white. I have a Honda CRF250L in another state, but removed all the red and is now in black and white...

I removed the red from my Honda 250L, so I decided to bring back the red in the GS! So the three bikes that “live together” are now black, whit, and red...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Defender -
Not an “R” owner, but a GS, but maybe it applies anyway?
I see your bike list, and I guess we have very similar tastes. I have a ‘14 Bonneville T100 Black. I have a ‘14 CB500x in white. I have a Honda CRF250L in another state, but removed all the red and is now in black and white...
I removed the red from my Honda 250L, so I decided to bring back the red in the GS! So the three bikes that “live together” are now black, whit, and red...
Hi BillCT,
It's just a applicable to the 'GS as the 'R.
I did look at the 'GS but as I was looking for something to replace my MSX125 (Grom) it's as physically big as as my NC'X I ruled it out along with the CRF250, as I wanted a smaller bike in both capacity and physical size.
The 'urgent' 310 single is a vast contrast to the lazy NC and Scrambler:smile2:.
I had a CRM250AR some years ago, great fun both on and off road.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Because blue is my favourite colour. Next to red. But the CHIPS (California Highway Patrol) also likes the colour red on vehicles. It catches their eye, for the wrong reasons! Grrrr!

·
Registered
935 Posts
I testrode the white one but didn't like the color(s) / striping.
Also didn't like the white panels with the black.
The last two BMW's I owned (R850RT / F800ST) were blue and when I came back from the testride I had to wait 3 months before the new shipment was arriving ......................
The only G in the room was a blue one and I liked that color immediately.
So ............... I ended up with the blue G301R

·
Registered
128 Posts
When I test rode the white R as I returned to the dealer another BMW rider commented that the bike had "too much power for him" thinking I was on a 1000RR. I immediately put a down payment on the white one...

I recently had the seat re-covered in blue.

·
Registered
45 Posts
When I test rode the white R as I returned to the dealer another BMW rider commented that the bike had "too much power for him" thinking I was on a 1000RR. I immediately put a down payment on the white one...

I recently had the seat re-covered in blue.
wow that seat looks sharp. I was thinking of doing same when I get mine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I did like the Blue G310R but this was discontinue and was replaced by the Racing Red which at first I always associated "Red" bikes with Honda, not a bad thing, but not a BMW colour. When I went to my dealers for a test ride the only bike they had was the HP White and I did not think it was worth the extra £50 and my 2016 SV was a White & Blue and wanted a different colour. There was no Black/White in the showroom and I would have had the white front mudguard resprayed black. I made the decision to go for the Red and the dealers had not seen a red G310R and my order would be the first. What a good choice Racing Red was it looks fantastic and the dealers agree this colour with sell more G310Rs also the with the updated and redesign side stand on all 2019 models. Its got to be Red for me!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was ****-bent on getting a white GS when I saw the release pics, but once in the flesh, I immediately settled for black. Yes it's a pain to keep clean, but it just looked right. I like what Jenny did with hers, by painting the silver panels black btw...nice and understated! :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts