BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone figure out if the new LED Headlamp on 2020/21 GS is compatible with 2018 models?
Curious to know as that would be a good upgrade.

·
Registered
22 Posts
They won't be cheap.....I also have a Z1000SX with twin LED headlamps....£900 each 😱( give or take a few pounds ! )

·
Super Moderator
1,020 Posts
They won't be cheap.....I also have a Z1000SX with twin LED headlamps....£900 each 😱( give or take a few pounds ! )
Should be cheaper than that, an after market complete led light assembly for the R and GS is around the $400-$600 Australian dollars if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you have a pre 2020 model it’s dead easy by buy and instal a powerful LED replacement headlight lamp. Doesn’t cost much, take a few minutes to pop it in and give a bright white light.

·
Super Moderator
1,020 Posts
Should be quite similar, maybe a different electrical connector though, we'll need to wait until a member gets a new model and is able to provide some photos.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you have a pre 2020 model it’s dead easy by buy and instal a powerful LED replacement headlight lamp.
True. Have you done this and have any comparison pics?
My experience in the JEEP community/forum discussions is that the housing is an issue doing this. You get a lot of scatter putting an led into the regular housing. Maybe due to size or only running one light makes it less of an issue. Worth discussing imo.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My experience in the JEEP community/forum discussions is that the housing is an issue doing this. You get a lot of scatter putting an led into the regular housing. Maybe due to size or only running one light makes it less of an issue. Worth discussing imo.
Yes I have fitted the one I bought. No I have no comparison pics and no I have not ridden at night to compare the beam spread. I avoid riding at night. The main purpose of my headlight is so that motorists see me coming.

·
Registered
2018 HONDA nc750X, 2019 BMWG310GS
4 Posts
Correcto! A LED bulb in a reflector designed for Halogen will not have the correct light pattern--but they are sure an improvement. I installed one of the "Cyclops" LED bulbs in my BMW RT and was amazed at the improved illumination. They cost more than the others , but their "Ultra" keeps the low beam on with the high at a reduced wattage, and employ cree emitters which are supposed to be high quality. Not sure of the Kelvin temperature, but the higher the number towards blue, the less light. I may order one soon for my 2019 and report back with the results. (No, they are not paying me--just liked mine): H4 LED Headlight Bulb | Motorcycle Lights | Brightest h4 LED Bulbs

·
Registered
121 Posts
I know its old but it may worth listening to for those thinking of fitting LED Lights.
I usually listen to these Podcasts on my commute to work, for those that haven't come across before, take time out to have a listen to, now we are sat at home trying to occupy our time, its much better than listening to recycled crap and same old adverts that radio stations seem to churn out now. Or I'm just getting old.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have added the Cyclops LED bulb to my 310GS as well as the Denali D2 LED driving lights. The Denali's are on low all of the time and switch to high power when my brights go on. I have also replaced the front and back turn signals with the Weiser LED turn signals. Hopefully I am a bit easier to see now.
The Cyclops LED throws out a lot more light than the week halogen that was stock. Now with the D2's I am confident at night.
I have added Shad touring bags, the SH35's as well. This is building into a nice little touring bike.
IMG_5202.jpg
IMG_5204.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts