BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
The bike just hit 800km and the coolant drips from the overflow pipe already..... Confirmed today by the dealer that the waterpump need to be replaced 馃檪 wow... What a BMW, hopefuly we dont have to keep replacing it every 1000km 馃檪

Registered
The bike just hit 800km and the coolant drips from the overflow pipe already..... Confirmed today by the dealer that the waterpump need to be replaced 馃檪 wow... What a BMW, hopefuly we dont have to keep replacing it every 1000km 馃檪
It's not an overflow pipe but a drain pipe from the water pump if the water seal or oil seal fails. My bike is booked in for this on 12th July - my bike has done 1625 miles (about 2800 km).

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
It's not an overflow pipe but a drain pipe from the water pump if the water seal or oil seal fails. My bike is booked in for this on 12th July - my bike has done 1625 miles (about 2800 km).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the correction..., yes it is the drain pipe. I start questioning 310's reliabilities. Its a BMW, NOTchinese bikes afterall....

Registered
My bike now has 3200 kms and is booked in for the end of July to have the water pump replaced. Hope that is it. Having doubts with my decision.

Registered
My bike now has 3200 kms and is booked in for the end of July to have the water pump replaced. Hope that is it. Having doubts with my decision.
3 year warranty here in Canada and Roadside assistance/towing.
After that it might be time to let it go.
We are the "Beta testers" for this new model, and I knew that going in.
Water pumps, kickstand, dash electronics, nothing too big....so far.
I have some doubts too, but everything built nowadays has issues.
We will see what happens.

Registered
3 year warranty here in Canada and Roadside assistance/towing.
After that it might be time to let it go.
We are the "Beta testers" for this new model, and I knew that going in.
Water pumps, kickstand, dash electronics, nothing too big....so far.
I have some doubts too, but everything built nowadays has issues.
We will see what happens.
Agreed! Well I am testing mine. All 3200 highway kms 90-130 kph. She runs for 5-6 hours straight. I have done 3 oil changes as I believe oil is everything and outside of the water pump never a burp. My thought is if she blows I have that magic card in my wallet....roadside and warranty. Had many BMW's and never had a major issue. Ride on!

Registered
I've had the leaking water pump seal done yesterday - hope that it will not rear it's ugly head again. On my bike, the seal only leaked when the engine was stone cold - it stopped when the engine got hot. The pressure in the coolant system, when hot, must have stopped the seal from leaking.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts