BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

Coolant dripping on bmw gs310

7K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Tom Matthews 
#1 ·
The bike just hit 800km and the coolant drips from the overflow pipe already..... Confirmed today by the dealer that the waterpump need to be replaced 🙂 wow... What a BMW, hopefuly we dont have to keep replacing it every 1000km 🙂

#3 ·
It's not an overflow pipe but a drain pipe from the water pump if the water seal or oil seal fails. My bike is booked in for this on 12th July - my bike has done 1625 miles (about 2800 km).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the correction..., yes it is the drain pipe. I start questioning 310's reliabilities. Its a BMW, NOTchinese bikes afterall....

#4 ·
My bike now has 3200 kms and is booked in for the end of July to have the water pump replaced. Hope that is it. Having doubts with my decision.

#5 ·
3 year warranty here in Canada and Roadside assistance/towing.
After that it might be time to let it go.
We are the "Beta testers" for this new model, and I knew that going in.
Water pumps, kickstand, dash electronics, nothing too big....so far.
I have some doubts too, but everything built nowadays has issues.
We will see what happens.

#7 ·
I've had the leaking water pump seal done yesterday - hope that it will not rear it's ugly head again. On my bike, the seal only leaked when the engine was stone cold - it stopped when the engine got hot. The pressure in the coolant system, when hot, must have stopped the seal from leaking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.