BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody,can someone tell me the temprature at wich the radiator fan starts to work?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine reached 100 degrees celcius but the fan didnt start working. The bike was idle and i started driving it at that point so the temprature fail. Thank you anyway

·
Registered
51 Posts
sorry for not specific..actually..its not exactly start at 100 C..it is about 105 or 106 degree..and it only happen once on my bike so that i really not sure..sorry

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, everything I write here is translated by google translator. I do not know English in my mouth. I also own the BMW G310R. I observe the temperature of the coolant. After the first start, outdoor temperature around 20C - 68F. By driving at a low load of 80Km / h, the temperature on the road reaches 60-65C, that is 140-150F up to 5Km. If I drive with a max load it is heated to 80C it is 176F. Then, with lower load, it cools down to 65-70C 150F. It sounds like a faulty thermostat. Your BMW g310R behaves the same way. The seller told me it was normal. Thank you for your answers.

·
Super Moderator
975 Posts
Hi, everything I write here is translated by google translator. I do not know English in my mouth. I also own the BMW G310R. I observe the temperature of the coolant. After the first start, outdoor temperature around 20C - 68F. By driving at a low load of 80Km / h, the temperature on the road reaches 60-65C, that is 140-150F up to 5Km. If I drive with a max load it is heated to 80C it is 176F. Then, with lower load, it cools down to 65-70C 150F. It sounds like a faulty thermostat. Your BMW g310R behaves the same way. The seller told me it was normal. Thank you for your answers.
That sounds about normal, it's only with a lot of stop and go or heavy load that it gets much over 80C, if you're reving it at standstill it can eventually reach around 100C the fan should kick in somewhere over 100C.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ahoj, myslíte si, že je normální. Když moto nastartuji, teplá voda jde hned do chlaiče. Ukazatel teploty ukazuje pouze 50 C a vím, že termostat má otevřít až při 80C. Zdá se mi, že termostat nefunguje. Moto nelze normálně zahřát, jezdím a ukazatel teploty ukazuje neustále okolo 55 -60C, více jen když jedu na maximum. Je to normální, můžete také vyzkoušet. Díky. Přeložil google.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, you think it's normal. When I start the engine, the hot water goes right into the cooler. The temperature display shows only 50 C and I know the thermostat should open at 80C. It seems to me that the thermostat does not work. The motorcycle can not normally warm up, the ride and the temperature gauge shows constantly around 55-60C, more only when I get to the maximum. It's normal, you can also try it out. Thanks. Translated by Google. Adam

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2017 model with 4500 km on the clock. I bought it form a BMW dealer as a demo. I have just noticed that while riding the temperature never goes much higher than 65°C. If I stop and let it idle then the temperature starts to increase. I also noticed after riding in a built up area for a few km's the temperature had risen to 65°C and then I went onto a open piece of road cruising at 80 km/h and then the temperature started dropping again. Ambient temperature at that time was about 4°C. It seems as if the thermostat is malfunctioning and is stuck in the open position. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
12 Posts
My G310R is totally the same. I have a vendor to replace the thermostat. It did not help. It's probably a feature. Translated Google

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2017 model with 4500 km on the clock. I bought it form a BMW dealer as a demo. I have just noticed that while riding the temperature never goes much higher than 65°C. If I stop and let it idle then the temperature starts to increase. I also noticed after riding in a built up area for a few km's the temperature had risen to 65°C and then I went onto a open piece of road cruising at 80 km/h and then the temperature started dropping again. Ambient temperature at that time was about 4°C. It seems as if the thermostat is malfunctioning and is stuck in the open position. What do you guys think?
Took the bike in for its annual service and requested that they check the thermostat operation and the say it is functioning normally. I'm happy with that. :smile2:

·
Registered
132 Posts
watched my temp slowly climb till it peaked at 214*f (101*C) on tollway yesterday, it was only 108*F (42*C) outside, got off at my exit and when fan came on it couldn't pull temp down to cut off temp, also refused to go into neutral, had to drag clutch a bit to get it into neutral.
I don't think they tested it in true hot weather, could use a bit bigger radiator.

·
Registered
469 Posts
watched my temp slowly climb till it peaked at 214*f (101*C) on tollway yesterday, it was only 108*F (42*C) outside, got off at my exit and when fan came on it couldn't pull temp down to cut off temp, also refused to go into neutral, had to drag clutch a bit to get it into neutral.
I don't think they tested it in true hot weather, could use a bit bigger radiator.
108 F and you wonder why the fan didn't cut out?:grin2:
How long did you ride with the fan engaged? At that outside temp I am pretty sure it would
take awhile.

·
Registered
132 Posts
108 F and you wonder why the fan didn't cut out?:grin2:
How long did you ride with the fan engaged? At that outside temp I am pretty sure it would
take awhile.
didn't go that far, fan didn't come on till I was stopped at second red light and when I got where I was going I let it idle to cool off some but 213*F was as low as it would go sitting there idling.

my ZRX1100 don't like the heat any better, it gets hot in these temps, my SV1000N is the one bike I have that is ok with the heat but its radiator is the widest thing on it so it gets lots of flow.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts