BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and girls I'm from the land of the long white cloud or New Zealand, recently got a 310GS. Unfortunately is not all been smooth sailing ith it. 1200km and Mego has been in for 2 recalls and 3 repairs. Love the little bike but electrical issues seems to be the death of it. My advice is go through the bike fasten all the screws kindly left undone and take a bag of cable ties and secure all the super thin wireing. 1200km is not that far to travle and most of it on tar seal to have indicator wires broken and shorting already is a bit of a surprise. Lucky for me the dealer has now orderd a new set of cables for the entire bike. It appears some critical cable tie securing was missed during assembly. Under the seat to back lights and left side to ecu the vibrations have caused the wires to fail. I was assured this is not the norm and a album of photos have been sent to BMW. Same goes for loose bolts this must be a Monday after a good weekend bike. Iv personally moded the headlight replacing the stupid rubber mountings with steel and plastic washers no more bouncing headlight. Apart from this I actualy think it's not a bad little bike. Just hope this is the end to the saga of electrical woes.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Where were the indicator wires broken/shorted? Were they pinched into the frame? This is definitely not normal, and I hope you have a trouble-free experience once the dealer gets everything sorted.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Corne

welcome to this forum.
Sorry to hear that you have problems.
From what I read your dealer didn't do a good 0 km job.

Hope everything is okay now.
Enjoy riding the G

From what side of the big cloud are you living (we have friends on the north Island)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts