BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just do a search on the net- there are loads of pics, including Hepco's own which are posted by all their retailers.
However, I found them to look a bit weedy, with only 7/8'' diameter tubing. Most crash bars are 1'' wide, which sounds like a small difference, but I really noticed it. I sent them back in the end.
I have searched the net, and what I find 9 times out of 10 is that the pics are of the bars on a different bike. Or when you do find a pic of the bars on the bike it is an up close shot and you don't get a sense of how they fit or look on the bike.
I know a lot will say it doesn't matter how they look as long as they do the job. But I don't think like that, I like my bike and want to be able to look at my bike and say...damn I like my bike. If I didn't care about the aesthetics I would just figure out a way to build my own stuff. LOL.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Here are Hepco's widest shots

Then here's a video of what certainly look like HB crash bars. You get an idea of what I meant by 'weedy' here !

FYI, they're very similar to the Wunderlich bars, but Hepco have a bracket attaching the top bars to the engine guard, not just a clamp like W-lich.

I went with Givi, for the heavier construction, and aesthetics.
But, I'm in the process of modifying the bike, and will be taking them off soon, if you're interested in them....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here are Hepco's widest shots

Then here's a video of what certainly look like HB crash bars. You get an idea of what I meant by 'weedy' here !

FYI, they're very similar to the Wunderlich bars, but Hepco have a bracket attaching the top bars to the engine guard, not just a clamp like W-lich.

I went with Givi, for the heavier construction, and aesthetics.
But, I'm in the process of modifying the bike, and will be taking them off soon, if you're interested in them....
I just re-read your reply, and I didn't think to ask what you are using for a skid plate? Is it stock or did you buy an aftermarket one.
Thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I used the BMW accessory one.
I find it way more aesthetic than all the blocky, welded-up ones everyone else is offering.
It's made of about 3mm thick ally, and VERY solid The only mod. to fit around the Givi bars was to cut the rear bolt holes through the back edge, to make them into slots - About 3/4". Then it just slips between the bars and engine onto the rear mounting bolts.
I would expect the OEM plastic one to fit without mod.s, but never tried it.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts