BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
They look good. I especially like the fact that they stand out a bit from the bodywork and that the bottom plate detaches for oil changes. They also don't appear to use the engine as a mounting point - another plus.

Any word as to pricing and shipping?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve only been in contact with hom via youtube but he quoted me what roughly amounts to $420 (converted from South African Rand). Will follow up with him regarding international shipment.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Very nice and mounted the way a crash bar should be, to the frame.

·
Registered
335 Posts
One thing that popped up with the Rally Raid bars - they use the frame's centerstand mounting points for theirs. Does Rumbux do the same? I'm not willing to go without the centerstand.

Reactions: Kohm

·
Registered
163 Posts
hepco & becker offers an ''engine protector'' and a ''tank protector'' (which is another word, i suppose, for crash bars) for ~300 euros total, not bad..

·
Registered
31 Posts
One thing that popped up with the Rally Raid bars - they use the frame's centerstand mounting points for theirs. Does Rumbux do the same? I'm not willing to go without the centerstand.
The Rumbux mount to the lower rear engine mount, long bolt and should not interfere with mounting a center stand.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Fitted the Rumbux on my GS at weekend, it’s one solid bit of kit and as posted by another user fully frame mounted, can only highly recommend, it covers all things like bash plate right up to protecting top plastics and engine where some other makes don’t.
Solid is what they are known for apparently.
Mind if I ask where you are located and where you purchased from?
Rumbux in South Africa referred me to a dealer in Quebec Canada.
Looking for more options on where to buy it from.
Thanks.

Rick

·
Registered
31 Posts
Solid is what they are known for apparently.
Mind if I ask where you are located and where you purchased from?
Rumbux in South Africa referred me to a dealer in Quebec Canada.
Looking for more options on where to buy it from.
Thanks.

Rick
FYI I am in the US (Idaho) Rumbux referred me to a dealer in Utah. I have them on order from the Utah dealer and they should be here by July 15th.

·
Registered
469 Posts
FYI I am in the US (Idaho) Rumbux referred me to a dealer in Utah. I have them on order from the Utah dealer and they should be here by July 15th.
Mind if I ask how much$$$?
Thnx

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mind if I ask how much$$$?
Thnx
That is the only part about the Runbux bars that I don't like. $575.00 including freight. I boned up for them anyway because I like them better than all the others that I have seen so far. I guess if you consider that you get both upper and lower protection plus the skid plate it isn't all that bad.

·
Registered
469 Posts
That is the only part about the Runbux bars that I don't like. $575.00 including freight. I boned up for them anyway because I like them better than all the others that I have seen so far.
$575US, that's about $1500 Canadian.:wink2:
Seriously though, they do look to be the most robust beefy protection available.
Thanks for the info, still waiting on the Quebec dealer to get pricing for me here in
the Great White North.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Try SW-Motech Skid Plate and or Crash bars. I do not think they have one for the Tank area yet.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Try SW-Motech Skid Plate and or Crash bars. I do not think they have one for the Tank area yet.
Price wise the SW Motech are more in my price range, but not available and back ordered.
Not quite the same quality and protection.
Hoping for more options in the near future.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just got quoted for the Rumbux crash bars (from South Afric) to have them shipped in Canada (Ontario).
Right now, the price is $631 (cdn $) -
Any idea how much I'll be paying extra for customs duties as it's not explicit on the invoice. I know it will change from one country to the other but if anyone had any similar dealings..... thank you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts