BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there such thing as dealer tool for g310 or bmw in general? I live in remote area, for from any dealers, and like to do all my services by myself. In my Tiger800 I have a software which I can connect to the ECU and fix any faults, etc. I would like to do the same with this bike. By the way, has anyone tried to remove the O2 sensor?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Do a search on the forum for diagnostics, it's been discussed before. Motoscan, runs on Android and uses a ODBD2 reader to interface, and GS911 also has a tool but more expensive

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do a search on the forum for diagnostics, it's been discussed before. Motoscan, runs on Android and uses a ODBD2 reader to interface, and GS911 also has a tool but more expensive
oh great, thank you! i downloaded the MotoScan, but in the app there is nothing about it supporting g310... but I read in the forum that it does support it?

·
Registered
222 Posts
oh great, thank you! i downloaded the MotoScan, but in the app there is nothing about it supporting g310... but I read in the forum that it does support it?
At least another member did try MotoScan, might work checking with him. Not sure if at the end everything works as expected, it seems it requires a license to be able to make full use of it.
His post here: https://www.g310rforum.com/forum/89190-post308.html

·
Registered
129 Posts
the GS911 plugs into the diagnostic connector and can blue tooth connect to a smart phone for basic fault code trouble shooting or via cable to a widows device ( I have a 2 in 1 tablet / netbook) running the GS911 software for the advanced functions.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the GS911 plugs into the diagnostic connector and can blue tooth connect to a smart phone for basic fault code trouble shooting or via cable to a widows device ( I have a 2 in 1 tablet / netbook) running the GS911 software for the advanced functions.
According to MotoScan website, the bluetooth unicarscan connector should allow to use all the functions. https://www.obd-2.de/shop/profi-diagnose/bmw-motorrad/129/unicarscan-bt-diagnoseadapter

Am i correct that this cable is not needed for the newer models? https://www.obd-2.de/shop/fahrzeugmarke/bmw/71/bmw-motorrad-adapterkabel-10-auf-16-pin?number=BMW-AK-10

·
Registered
129 Posts
that adapter cable is only needed for 2016 and older fuel injected models.

starting with 2017 models made to be EU4 compliant they used OBD2 plug. the G310 has the OBD2 connector.

·
Registered
260 Posts
You are right the web does not mention the 310.
But download the free motoscan and you will see it is part of the system.
Try out all the free routines - they all worked for me.
Then if you want purchase the licence that suits.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can someone help me with finding the ECU entry in the bike? is it the square box under the seat? if so how to open it to connect the bluetooth device?

·
Registered
163 Posts
The OBD2 connector is plugged into a holder under the seat between the battery and the relays. You need to pull the connectors towards the rear of the bike to make it available to your bluetooth reader

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The OBD2 connector is plugged into a holder under the seat between the battery and the relays. You need to pull the connectors towards the rear of the bike to make it available to your bluetooth reader
oh thank you! i just figured it out. I was able to change the service time to 100000 from now :) . it was really annoying, each time i turn the ignition on, this service reminder appeared and stayed there for a minute or two. I thought something wrong was with the bike!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So Kris,

What reader are you using, with which software....very interested in your setup!

RobertB
I use he one that was suggested to me in this forum, MotoScan app. You can try it for free, but more functions, you need to purchase it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks for confirming the software, but it's the bluetooth connector I'm really interested in knowing make and model and purchase place.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
I tried to purchase their scan tool but was unable to as their webshop would not accept my paypal, either European or American account. So I just bought a cheaper one on Amazon (OBDLink LX) that works also fine.

Reactions: G0MYW
1 - 18 of 18 Posts