BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
2018 GS Black

Actually just finalised a purchase, slightly used with engine and tank crash bars, Shad top box (which I'm giving to my wife to replace with a Vario box), LED aux lights, proformance titanium/carbon full exhaust and more.....
Waiting on shipping to my home in Palawan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
On May 11, I purchased a 2018 310GS with 40 miles. I now have 260 miles... I live in the southern tip of Texas in what is locally known as the "Rio Grande Valley" There are no dealers here so I bought my bike in near San Antonio (~260 miles) away. I have a question. What does the dealer do on the "500" mile service...

·
Registered
152 Posts

For the first running in service, as far as I'm aware, they change the oil and oil filter, and:

check the diagnosis system, coolant level, clutch play, throttle cable, front and rear brake pads for irregular wear, brake discs for wear, the brake lines, brake hoses, brake connections, tyre pressures and tread wear, chain sag, brake fluid levels, steering-head bearing, lights and signalling equipment, the battery charge state.

They also lubricate the side stand, test the engine and clear the service reminder and set the next reminder.

Depending on how busy they are the service should take around an hour (i.e. when they don't have a backlog and don't need to do any extra work on your bike).

Luckily my dealer offers the first service including parts and consumables free of charge. (you could mention this to your dealer to see if they can offer the same deal, maybe omit the fact that my dealer is located in Australia).

41 - 60 of 60 Posts