BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just fitted one of these to my 310r. I'm really impressed with it. Full stainless system with carbon fibre tip. Came from poland via ebay for £190. Took about five days to arrive in uk. Its really easy to fit if you have the right tools. Sounds awesome and feels much more responsive through the rev range. Looks great. Turned my 310 into a wilderbeast ! I recommend this company they are excellent.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Steve, I got one same but to loud for me asked if db killer for the model but told there is one fitted but I can see `thru`the can !! is yours the high line, straight pipe from manifold ? I fitted the R`s own can with a pipe reducer to the high line pipe so have the Dominator slip on can for sale, brand new £50 see Dominator web site.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I bought Dominator HP3 hi line can and pipe, use the high line pipe and fitted 310 can to it. Size of my `for sale ` can is on Dominator web page.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there appears to be a db killer in it. although the noise does not bother me. looking at the website , they may do different levels of db killers so may be worth looking there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there appears to be a db killer in it. although the noise does not bother me. looking at the website , they may do different levels of db killers so may be worth looking there. no its not the high level can its the low one which follows the same lines as the original, weight saving is 4.5kg too !

·
Registered
308 Posts
I could see thru the can so don't think there is a db killer in it, whats known as straight thru. got a db killer from sunny China for £3 made it fit ok but not tried it as leaving the 310`s own can on, so for sale, as new still £50 inc db killer !!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, just fitted one of these to my 310r. I'm really impressed with it. Full stainless system with carbon fibre tip. Came from poland via ebay for £190. Took about five days to arrive in uk. Its really easy to fit if you have the right tools. Sounds awesome and feels much more responsive through the rev range. Looks great. Turned my 310 into a wilderbeast ! I recommend this company they are excellent.
Can you please share a link, a video and photos of the exhaust system? Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah I would also love a sound clip of the exhaust. Sounds pretty good on the other bikes where its been showcased.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Angiedave,

Even with the Db killer in it you can still see thru. They add a little more baffling as the pipe is narrower and the tube is longer with holes around it.

Same for Yoshimura, Akrapovic, Dominator, etc. I think they make 3 different Db killer. I have not mounted my Dominator yet on my GD250R. Install it and see how it does, should be OK. I don't know how quiet you want it to be.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the HP1 Dominator Exhaust fitted to my bike, the weight saving and increased pull in the mid range is worth having. Like some I still find it a bit too noisy as only the medium DB Killer is available with the HP1 exhaust, so I emailed the factory to see if a hard DB killer is available for the HP1.

They replied within 5 working hours to say they only offer the medium DB killer design for the HP1 but suggested modifying it myself be welding some mesh over the end and packing with wire wool. I have some wire wool in my garage and as soon as L can get some mesh welded over the end of the insert will give this a try.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts