BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dominator Hp3 high mount, it mounts to the passenger handle, ive seen it on ebay.

Does anyone have this installed?

anybody heard it on the bike?

Looks really promising!

Best regards, Victor

·
Registered
469 Posts
Dominator Hp3 high mount, it mounts to the passenger handle, ive seen it on ebay.

Looks really promising!

Best regards, Victor
There are a few here that have the Dominator from Poland.
Not to sure about the high mount Hp3.
I have the high mount Remus on my GS.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have this installed on my bike. It looks good, definitely lighter than the factory exhaust and allows you to remove the pillion pegs. That being said, the exhaust gets extremely hot (the red 'R' sticker has burnt into a bubbly black 'R') and it is extremely loud. I don't mind the volume but some might. It sounds like a four stroke dirt bike and is quite noticeable at freeway speeds. My riding buddy has a DRZ400 with a full FMF system and our bikes sound similar, braaap braap

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have this installed on my bike. It looks good, definitely lighter than the factory exhaust and allows you to remove the pillion pegs. That being said, the exhaust gets extremely hot (the red 'R' sticker has burnt into a bubbly black 'R') and it is extremely loud. I don't mind the volume but some might. It sounds like a four stroke dirt bike and is quite noticeable at freeway speeds. My riding buddy has a DRZ400 with a full FMF system and our bikes sound similar, braaap braap
Is that with or without the DB-Killer?
https://dominator.pl/en_GB/c/Accessories-for-silencers/26

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hp3

Looks really promising!

Best regards, Victor
This system is Loud they say DB killer in but you can see thru it one can be fitted easy, I repositioned bracket on original can and fitted that on high pipe at least I retain the cat and looks ok high, I think.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Further info., FYI
Wow ! I'm really envious of Worldbeater... I'd love to be able to do a 'before and after' test.
I replaced my GS OEM system with a Dominator HP3 ( supposedly only for the R, but it fit DESPITE the supplier's advice... Weird ! ). I ran it with no other change ( as recommended by the supplier for the R ) with no problems. I certainly didn't notice any substantial increase in performance, but I accept that it's really impossible to tell just by 'feel'; unless it's an 'earth shattering' difference. If anything, I'd say that there was LESS mid-range power, based on the gear needed to get up an incline that I traverse regularly. Not more, as others claimed- Hence my jealously regarding Worldbeater's access to testing equipment.
What I did notice was how LOUD the system was, even with the so-called 'medium decibel killer' installed ( as supplied, and permanently attached ). As another reviewer commented, there is no real obstruction in the muffler- you can see straight through from one end to the other, and that's just how it sounds- Almost like an open pipe. There is a tapering internal pipe running the length of the muffler from the 1 3/4" diameter engine end to the 1" exit. This internal pipe is perforated, with some sort of packing between it and the shell wall of the muffler. Clearly, this method is 'less than perfect' for effective sound absorption !
So, I am in the process of making up a subsidiary baffle, to bring the noise down to a more acceptable level. Again, I'd love to be able to test the end result !...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts