·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
974 Posts
Mindblowing for a european guy

Mindblowing for a Dutch guy :wink2:, you guys have only got 1 mountain in the whole country if I remember correctly, and it's shared by 3 countries?

Nothing wrong with the Netherlands, it's a nice place, I lived there for half a year.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Nah, I lived in Europe (Switzerland) for six years. You've got plenty of impressive sights over there

Thats funny i am every week there on 18wheels just right now i,am in otelfingen about 25km from zurich i have 6 unloading places tommorow last place to unload is Wald on route 15 its a small world

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live in Norway and are kinda spoiled by stunning scenery, but that looks amazing! We have alot of mountains and fjords here, but not much desert or rocky terrain. Would love to explore America some day on two wheels.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Death Valley is one of the very few places I have left on my bucket list. It won't be long before I get out there. Great pics.....
I lived in Northern Italy for three years and rode the Swiss Alps. Many fun roads and beautiful scenery as well as Germany, Italy, Austria, Yugoslavia, France and Spain. But, given the choice of anywhere I'd take the western U.S. Every time because of the diverse terrain and scenery.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Watching the video of Titus canyon bring back sweet memories.
We drove that canyon Some years ago in a rental car. At the beginning a sign said “ only for 4 wheel drive cars” (ours was a normal car) but we just wanted to see the canyon and ..... we ignored the sign.
Experience from New Zealand learned us that these signs were for people who are really not capable to operate any car and kill themselves once the tarmac is gone. I think my driving is a little bit better (being, years ago, a motorcycle safety instructor) and we started this adventure.
No worries, we came out alive 😇 and had a wonderful experience.
Would we do it again ....... YES YES YES.
When you are out there, ride the canyon and enjoy.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, on one of my previous rides through the canyon I rode past a young couple in a (obviously rental) sedan, well into the climb up to Red Pass. I stopped and offered the advice that they may want to turn around while they still could. But I have no idea what they chose to do.

And I bet that rental car of yours had a few new scars on its undercarriage when you dropped it off. :laugh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts