BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

Dropped my Bike, help?

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  ARBOLMANO 
#1 ·
Had a small accident today. Had my (as viewed from sitting position on bike) right blinker light break from the molded plastic fearing. Can someone help me ID the right part?
thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Or if a cheap bugger, make a big “washer” out of plastic, glue everything back together with abs cement use “washer“ over whole mess and ride on. Ugly? Sure. But will function, at least until part comes in. It’s the critical riding time eh?

#8 ·
I have done a temporary fix, and have ordered the replacement part. New problem, can seem to find the Dime Silver M4Y color. The dealer said part is not painted, and they can’t get the paint.
any ideas of where to source, can’t find on the net?

#11 ·
#12 · (Edited)
I broke both a front and a rear turn signal during some off-road antics while on a 7,101 mile trip. I decided they are too vulnerable because they stick out too far (6.75" for the US version), so I ordered a shorter version shown in the attached US parts diagram as the top most version, but I had to do so by ordering from a European source because it's the European version not approved or available in the US. You should note that these lights are the same front and back, left and right. They installed perfectly on my US spec 2022 3GS. They are short enough that they should be protected during minor drops.

Source: BMW Indicators Blinkers Rear or Front (Right or Left) Genuine - F750GS - F850GS -F900R - S1000XR - F900XR- R Nine T

Font Audio equipment Circle Logo Screenshot

Product Peripheral Output device Eyewear Font

#14 ·
Back to life old thread. After a couple minor naps it was clear the rear turn sigs stick out way too much and the design is such that when they come out of the mount they most likely will bust. This is not how the bike was designed. It was designed for shorter stalked units that receive protection from the rack. The fronts too are supposed to be shorter. But to sell the unit in the US they have to meet a different standard, one being a certain distance apart.

The Colonels above post has all the right numbers and source for the correct euro spec signals. OEM units with 2 yr warrant. I cried and bought them at over $40 each! They came extremely prompt in official BMW packaging. I was dismayed at first to find a sticker on them with “made in Taiwan” but when I removed my OEM sigs they were marked the same! A good thing really as this means one can save gobs of money with a copy cat that will be identical.
Just have to sleuth and look close at picts.
Changing the rear sigs is easy but start with removing rack and then 8 or so 5mm shoulder screws to get the bottom plastic off. I also removed the side panels, the trick with them is after the three bolts off slide it back. Be sure and have 6 extra zip ties to replace the ones you‘ll have to cut to change sigs. Sweet to have correct waterproof connections. I also changed out the standard nut with a nylock so it will have a time coming loose on me.
id advise following the factory wire path, you’ll see how they planned it out. Wish they had thought more about the inaccessible nut…..
The euro spec sigs fit nice in protective space, better than pict shows. The sigs seem brighter than OEM too. Side benefit being the euro spec have a black background rather than white.
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Light Hood

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.