BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
I noticed that my left turn signal was loose a week or so ago (before I started taking the bodywork off) and got a hex key to tighten it up. It didn't tighten. I saw a M6 nut on the floor under the bike that was too clean to have spent much time on my garage floor.
Doesn't surprise me, there is no threadlock, washer or anything to prevent any loosening !

·
Registered
117 Posts
No luck. The bike is stripped down and I located the area of the picture you posted, but there are no connectors anywhere.

Perhaps the US version is different.
While installing my new led turn signals, I disassembled again the whole thing, but 3 times faster ! And here are the ghost connectors:grin2:

I take this opportunity to show the rest

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ah! The fog clears!

THANK YOU!

The part that I couldn't get out of the way is the shroud that covers the headlight and that the windscreen and turn indicators mount to.

It just rotates forward out of the way?!

I need to go back down to the garage and get dangerous. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
7543312-02 is male then i think otherside is 7543312-01 which is female connector.. But where can i find these connectors..
I googled that number and eventually found the connector: 2POS, MCON 1.2 LL TAB SEALED COD B

See AMP : 2-1703498-1 MCON, CONNECTOR HOUSING | TE Connectivity for more details, you can buy the plugs from http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine...buyNow&TE_cid=MOUSERELECTRONICS-1522890582848

combine this with the following usb socket for the best plug and play solution: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Waterpr...971186&hash=item3ade5401c8:g:~uMAAOSwWxNYvjKQ

·
Registered
18 Posts
So if I am not mistaken, and I probably am, the socket that is designed to go down next to the frame, Is kinda designed for the battery charger system BMW make/supply, and is the one near the headlight/handlebar actually for the heated handgrips that probably will never come or is that a different one again.
Just a thought, on the 1200gs the lower socket is intended for charging, I used a hella 90° male connector and ran a lead up to the triple clamp to another socket to supply a gps (I was already using the other 'dash' socket for something else). This would be an easy solution for anyone not wanting to do any wiring modifications, the 90° connector can then be unplugged if you want to use the socket for battery charging.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Just a thought, on the 1200gs the lower socket is intended for charging, I used a hella 90° male connector and ran a lead up to the triple clamp to another socket to supply a gps (I was already using the other 'dash' socket for something else). This would be an easy solution for anyone not wanting to do any wiring modifications, the 90° connector can then be unplugged if you want to use the socket for battery charging.

Don't know about the GS, but on the R the aux power is only on when the key is switched to on, don't think you'll be able to use a socket to charge the battery.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Don't know about the GS, but on the R the aux power is only on when the key is switched to on, don't think you'll be able to use a socket to charge the battery.
You're right, both models work the same way. So you have to install yourself a 12V socket directly to the battery to use it for charge maintenance.

·
Super Moderator
1,276 Posts
Somebody (no relation to me) from Canada is selling Aux. Connector pairs on eBay.

Search for this : 2x BMW Accessory Connector G310R G310GS for GPS,Heated Grips,USB,etc. 7543312-02

(Wish I had found this before I spliced the wires behind the headlamp a mont ago !
I thought that everyone in Canada was related (at least in a societal way, not the other way :wink2:). Definitely a country I want to visit in the future.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I meant commercial relationship....as for the other way, we leave that to the Hillbillies south of the border (who probably say the same of us Quebecois) :)

As for visiting...it's a LOOOOONG thin country, diverse culturally and geographically.
A very nice place to live, you even get used to the winter, even though you can't ride for 4 to 5 months !

·
Registered
469 Posts
Somebody (no relation to me) from Canada is selling Aux. Connector pairs on eBay.

Search for this : 2x BMW Accessory Connector G310R G310GS for GPS,Heated Grips,USB,etc. 7543312-02

(Wish I had found this before I spliced the wires behind the headlamp a mont ago !
Thanks for the tip.
I ordered a pair.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I meant commercial relationship....as for the other way, we leave that to the Hillbillies south of the border (who probably say the same of us Quebecois) :)

As for visiting...it's a LOOOOONG thin country, diverse culturally and geographically.
A very nice place to live, you even get used to the winter, even though you can't ride for 4 to 5 months !
Used to winter? Been trying for 58 years, not happening yet.:surprise:
Have not been able to ride since October here in my neck of the woods.
A snowmobile would make more sense.:|

·
Registered
330 Posts
Edmonton, might as well say the arctic circle (wink wink, nudge nudge)

You're right, a Skidoo could be more appropriate.

But I must admit, this winter has been darn long...just managed a short ride yesterday, and they are talking of a snowstorm for tomorrow!

Just a bit more patience and we're there!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I googled that number and eventually found the connector: 2POS, MCON 1.2 LL TAB SEALED COD B

See AMP : 2-1703498-1 MCON, CONNECTOR HOUSING | TE Connectivity for more details, you can buy the plugs from http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine...buyNow&TE_cid=MOUSERELECTRONICS-1522890582848

combine this with the following usb socket for the best plug and play solution: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Waterpr...971186&hash=item3ade5401c8:g:~uMAAOSwWxNYvjKQ
Sorry I forgot where this post was, see my posts on GPS connectors.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Just to sum up my experience
I bought connectors on mouser.com website (shipment was more expensive than connectors themselves)

On Sunday:
1) I gained access to the two sockects just by removing the headlight.
2) I've unlocked the sockets and
3) I've moved sockets behind headlight.

Now they are easily accessible and I can attach what I need. Just plug and play...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wunderlich

The local Dealer here in Aus are promoting this plug. It appears it will mount in the dash and compatible with the available power plugs.
Wunderlich USB dual socket - black

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
USB twin socket

Just fitted one of those to my GS, a lot of work stripping the plastics off, behind the digital screen there are two spare power plugs, which plug straight into the dual usb socket. Bought my socket from Nippy Normans in the UK.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts