BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
I saw a sequence of pictures for disassembling all the plastics to get to the instrument panel for accessing these 2 sockets and fit a USB outlet ....... but now I can't relocate them.

Does anyone have a link?

·
Registered
222 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Somebody (no relation to me) from Canada is selling Aux. Connector pairs on eBay.

Search for this : 2x BMW Accessory Connector G310R G310GS for GPS,Heated Grips,USB,etc. 7543312-02

(Wish I had found this before I spliced the wires behind the headlamp a mont ago !
Can you remember what the positive wire was? Going to have a go myself
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
The electric socket is an optional extra which does go in the hole where the plastic cap is and does not come with the bike when bought new. The socket is the same as the part for the F800GS so it is readily available. My dealer said that the socket was not available yet - the salesperson couldn't be bothered to check if sockets from other BMW bikes would fit. If you look above the mounting hole, you will see the lead for the socket zip tied to the wiring harness.
Found the socket but cannot for the life of me work out how to get the protective cover off ( big hands little knowledge !). Any help would be much appreciated.
Peter

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you look on the picture in Marci's post, the locking clip is to the left of the connector. If you look closely, you can see the locking clip protruding the hole to the left.
Press to the center and pull to the left. The tie-wrap is probably preventing you from pulling the connector. I would cut it first

81 - 89 of 89 Posts