BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone new member here. My 2017 G310R started giving me problems last week. While riding, the engine cuts out and comes back on giving me jerks. Usually in 3rd or 4th gear. Warning light comes on and goes off too. The engine has cut off completely on me twice during this time. My mechanic says it might be due to dirty fuel and asked me to add fuel injector cleaner to my fuel. I did this but the problems persist (a little better). Does anyone have any guesses what the problem is?

·
Super Moderator
1,186 Posts
If it got a bit better, it might be fuel. Are you filling up at the same location and same fuel? what fuel are you using? Try using at least 95ron for a bit and see if this changes things

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would run the fuel down to nearly empty then drain the tank completely. Examine what you get out. If there is water in the fuel you may see the petrol floating on top of the water. Refill the tank with fresh fuel and see how it goes.

·
Registered
121 Posts
A fuel related loss of power will usually be heard or felt. Momentary rough running before she goes out.

If instead you are experiencing normal, smooth performance -- nothing at all alerting your senses -- and the engine cuts out silently and mysteriously, then you're often chasing an electrical event from a number of potential causes.

If your experience seems more like the electrical sort ... Pay attention to what the last action of rider and bike was just before the cut. You may realize it's always happening as you run over a bump, or as you pull in the clutch. Trends will be clues to sources.

And .... these days .... All of us should have started off by asking if you've pulled the codes?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts