BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my first post. Great forum! So i just handed my R in for it's running in service. Really happy with the machine, great commuter.

I noticed a beep sound when I pass about 6700 rpm. I initially thought it was my horn that was shorting (sound alot like it), but disconnected the horn and still hearing the noise. So when I gave it in for the service I mentioned it but they were sure it's how it is supposed to be. Now I'd just like to hear if anyone else experienced the same, whether it truly is how it's supposed to be OR whether I did not explain it well enough?

Ps. I know single cylinders are buzzy engines but that is not what I am referring to.

Any thoughts? Please refer me to a similar thread, should there be one.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I cant say I have noticed a beep with mine but I do know a harmonic resonance when I hear one described.
possibly one of the front side pieces.
do you have a metal key ring tag or more than one key on the key ring?
some engines can trigger a sympathetic vibration in items or parts at a narrow rpm range. they can be real tricky to narrow down what is making the noise.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have also heard a weird noise a few times on my G310GS. Thought I tapped the horn and even check my mirrors for cops. Heard the sound 3 times over 2 days but nothing for the last 4 months. Still have no idea where the sound came from. Sounded a bit like a quick press of a police siren, not quite as loud as my denali mini soundbomb horn.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I can't say I have heard any different noises at any rpm level, not from the engine nor anywhere else.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Me to !

Sometimes I can hear a crazy laughter.

Most of the time, when I'm having the most fun with this delightful bike!

Eerie !

·
Registered
106 Posts
Next time record the noise on your phone maybe? Mount the phone, press record video and go for a spin.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sorry i was referring to to author of the thread and the strange engine noise he is trying to describe. It wasn’t a response to your digestion issues smh.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL! Thanks for the humor and comments! If its me, I'll definitely have to get to a doctor ASAP. Or maybe a mechanic...

Think Ill just try and record the noise and get it to the mechanic. I told them to take the bike for a spin but the guy didn't hear anything. However, I went riding yesterday with a mate and he said he heard something as well.. Will see

·
Registered
227 Posts
The only ‘beeps’ I get are those that have to cover all the expletives that I aim at idiot car and truck drivers if I post my biking videos on YouTube :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts