BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

The weather is not bad today in Madison,WI, about 30F (-2C probably), so I decided to ride to work. I slowed down at around 2mph in front of the pedestrian let people finish walking, then twisted the throttle a little bit.

Then there is a pop sound (underneath my pants, oh god I am glad that was from the engine, not from my bottom), the engine stalled (that is embarrassing). I re-started the engine very quickly, and there is no issues with re-start. I know the weather is cold, but I have been riding one or two times per week recently and everything is okay.

So I am wondering what the problem could be?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone,

The weather is not bad today in Madison,WI, about 30F (-2C probably), so I decided to ride to work. I slowed down at around 2mph in front of the pedestrian let people finish walking, then twisted the throttle a little bit.

Then there is a pop sound (underneath my pants, oh god I am glad that was from the engine, not from my bottom), the engine stalled (that is embarrassing). I re-started the engine very quickly, and there is no issues with re-start. I know the weather is cold, but I have been riding one or two times per week recently and everything is okay.

So I am wondering what the problem could be?
Ask your Bmw dealer to update the software on the bike
That will resolve the problem.
All d best!

·
Registered
935 Posts
It happens to me too some times 🥴🥴🥴🥴🥴
I had the updates but I think it is just you (I) not paying much attention to the revs and if you do not have enough revs, the bike will stall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts