BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of people have complained about the position and height of the brake pedal in relation to the foot peg.
Now I’ve tried bolting on 2 different designs of pedal ‘enlargers’ and while they do offer a bigger and higher pad, I found them very slippery in damp conditions and removed them within a few days.
However I did see a nice looking stainless steel pad enlarger, but it was only listed for other GS models from the 700 up to the 1250. But I took a chance and ordered it........ and it didn’t fit!
It seems the 310gs pedal shape is almost a mirror image of EVERY other GS pedal. Why? .... you’ll need to ask BMW for that reason.
However, on inspecting the size and shape, and particularly the securing plate that fits below the pedal I could, with a little modification, make it fit!
So, with enthusiastic applications of my hammer, a bench vice, and further persuasions I managed to reshape the securing plate...... and ...... it now FITS!
Now, I know it’s not perfect, but with a couple of coats of satin black my pedal IS now twice the size, and a little higher!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought this off Ebay. It fits perfectly. Makes it a lot easier to use the rear brake. Makes the pedal about 3/4" wider and 5/16" taller. Took about 3 weeks to get it because it came direct from China.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought this off Ebay. It fits perfectly. Makes it a lot easier to use the rear brake. Makes the pedal about 3/4" wider and 5/16" taller. Took about 3 weeks to get it because it came direct from China. View attachment 15091 View attachment 15092
Yes I’m aware of these ‘pads’. I tried 2 types. First one was bare aluminium silver colour which I found ridiculously slippery when even slightly damp.
They I bought one very similar in appearance to yours in black. This was better but still not good especially if any mud was on it. It was also quite heavy and I was looking at how to drill more holes in it to lose some weight when I saw my current one for sale.
This new version is good for grip, very light weight and now with a splash of paint doesn’t look like it belongs on another bike.... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I looked at similar ones like yours but wasn't sure if they would fit, didn't say it would fit the 310. Haven't tried it in mud. I found quite a few different ones for the 310, I liked this one the best. Never saw a picture of one actually installed on a 310 so I thought I would post in case anyone was interested. It does make using the rear brake a lot easier.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Can't say I've had a problem with pedal size but found the easiest way to deal with the height problem was simply to use the threaded adjuster provided.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts