BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pegs on my G310R are a bit too high for me, the riding position feeling a bit cramped. A partial solution is to fit an inflatable pad on the saddle. Sadly this does mean I get offered a tube of Anusol every time I stop to fill with fuel but c'est la vie! To get a little more 'legroom', I removed the foot rest rubbers and filled the void with carved wooden blocks. I then covered the peg with a section of inner tube. This mod is easily reversed and drops the peg height by a few millimetres. The difference is rather like swapping between heavy soled boots to thin soled shoes. Works for me and is cost free.

Other mods are adjustable levers and a stubby front mudguard extension. This stops a bit of muck getting into the radiator. All mods, as stated, are easily reversed.

Registered
The pegs on my G310R are a bit too high for me, the riding position feeling a bit cramped.
SW-Motech ION or EVO pegs provide 2 mounting heights - stock and about 1" lower. They're also a bit longer and wider that the stock pegs. One note - I have a 2018 G310GS and the left peg interferes with the shift linkage and won't fold up all the way. I know that some people have modified the peg with a hand grinder to ease this. This is only a problem if you drop the bike on the left side. 馃槇

Since the R and GS share a frame, I would suspect that this will apply to the R also.

FWIW, I've fitted the ION pegs to my last 4 bikes (3 still owned).

Registered
I am in the process of installing some **** ebay rearsets for a couple extra inches legroom. Will post results once I get a banjo switch for the brake light (new rearsets had no mount for the OEM switch).

Registered
2018 G310R
I am in the process of installing some **** ebay rearsets for a couple extra inches legroom. Will post results once I get a banjo switch for the brake light (new rearsets had no mount for the OEM switch).
I'm not sure what rearsets are. I'm also looking to improve my legroom. Could you explain and/or give a link to what you are considering.

Registered
Other mods are adjustable levers and a stubby front mudguard extension. This stops a bit of muck getting into the radiator.
I'd like to see a pic of the mudguard. I'm a year round rider in a very wet climate that's concerned about some of the corrosion reported on BMWs.

I make liberal use of ACF50, but a physical shield to reduce spray is an attractive idea. Easily removable come Spring also sounds nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts