BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
You should go for it! Report on your findings. Nothing like having a loud bike for some.
and best of all, a new exhaust can’t all that expensive if you get tired of it.

Reactions: LMarr [DK]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone!
I came across this video on youtube and I found it quite interesting. I just wanted to know if anyone here has done it to their bike and wanted a feedback as I quite liked the exhaust note. Also any disadvantages (besides voiding the warranty) of this method can be discussed by our experts.
Thanks in advance!
I did exactly the same as the video; got inspired by the video as well.
Did 4 holes at the exhaust. So far I’m not experiencing any disadvantages.
The only advantage is the exhaust note as you heard in the video, but mine isn’t as bassy as what I heard in the video; probably due to me drilling smaller holes

·
Registered
282 Posts
Actually modifycations to emission controls is a Federal offense though not enforced, some States get more serious like my State, California. Many fixing to start cracking down hard. Damaging or removing the catalytic converter is increasing the emissions of the bike. All kinda depends of how you feel about being part of the solution or part of the problem.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did exactly the same as the video; got inspired by the video as well.
Did 4 holes at the exhaust. So far I’m not experiencing any disadvantages.
The only advantage is the exhaust note as you heard in the video, but mine isn’t as bassy as what I heard in the video; probably due to me drilling smaller holes
That's great! Do you have a video of the exhaust you can share here? That would be great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts