BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Read Only
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another little gripe. The amount of muck thrown up from wet roads is irritating - even reaches the back of my helmet. Anyway got home recently and started to enthusiastically wipe the mud off the hot silencer. To my amazement the black paint started to rub off. Now looks a bit of a mess. So there's a tip - don't wipe a hot silencer! You'd think bmw would have used heat resistant paint.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Another little gripe. The amount of muck thrown up from wet roads is irritating - even reaches the back of my helmet. Anyway got home recently and started to enthusiastically wipe the mud off the hot silencer. To my amazement the black paint started to rub off. Now looks a bit of a mess. So there's a tip - don't wipe a hot silencer! You'd think bmw would have used heat resistant paint.
I'd take it the dealer and ask for a new one under warranty. BMW might give you a new one as it is a new model on the market (as most manufacturers do try a bit better on their warranty with new models).

·
Registered
939 Posts
The paint shouldn't come off, even when the exhaust is cold or warm !
I also would go back to the dealer and ask for a solution (or an Akra !!!!!)
Keep us updated so we know its only one bike or we all have this problem.

·
Super Moderator
994 Posts
Instead of them giving you a new one, get them to give you an Akra, tell them it will be cheaper for them in the long run!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts