BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

Exhaust

9K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Ian650 
#1 ·
Well just put on the Akrapovic muffler....going for a ride!

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: SCG310R
#2 ·
Take out 700.00 beans and buy the exhaust. Your bike changes in the already fun..fun factor. Sounds awesome and feels different. Love it!

Reactions: XRaiders
#4 ·
I agree but wait until after your 600-700 mile service to change exhaust. That way the deference will be much more avident and the money spent will feel much more justified.

#3 ·
Reactions: XRaiders
#9 ·
**** Yoshimura, did not make one yet and I ended up getting Akrapovic.

Oh well, they still don't have a Carbon Fiber so I still would end up with Akrapovic.

Akra make a carbon heat shield now but there is no photo on the website, Has anyone seen one?

#11 ·
Had Akrapovic carbon fibre exhaust and within no time I went back to stock, it's too noisy even with baffle and somehow bike lost it's initial and mid range, I think the akrapovic titanium exhaust with mild cat con is better, but now I don't want to try anything.

#12 · (Edited)
the Stainless Akra is very quiet, even without CAT, because the baffle is not see-through. You can trust me on that. For me, it is a bit too quiet.

By the way, the CAT insert is fitted not in the midsection, but in the place where the header pipe connects to the silencer.

Since SS Akra is so quiet, just giving you a gentle beat, there is no need for CAT insert as far as the level of noise is concerned. I don't think they come in Titanium though, just stainless steel. Carbon silencer is not such good idea for Adventure bike. Even if you do not fall, any stone can make a hole in it, or damage it. I had one in my Vulcan, and after some time, it developed some cracks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.