BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to post my motorcycle pics "RR 310" essentially the faired version of G310r with different ECU and fueling.
@admin. please delete this thread if it irrelevant. Since RR 310 belongs to the same family, i posted here.

official website:

https://www.tvsapache.com/rr310/

PS : G310/GS310 just today launched in India

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think it is a knock-off / counterfeit BMW. Looks real nice though. I don't think BMW would allow their bike to be repackaged. Does not look like any BMW parts it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Charles ..... TVS Builds the BMW G310R and GS in India and that bike ( the 310RR Apache ) is built in the same factory and the same assembly lines.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I think it is a knock-off / counterfeit BMW. Looks real nice though. I don't think BMW would allow their bike to be repackaged. Does not look like any BMW parts it.
went to the web site for it and they have lots of detailed pictures and construction videos. pretty much the only parts not shared with the G310 is the body work and electrics.

same engine, forks, swing arm, frame, wheels, brakes, exhaust, intake, fuel tank, and fuel system.

·
Registered
157 Posts
It is irrelevant that it comes from the same factory. I looked at the site and it is not the same. Wheels are wrong and the engine is 310cc not 313cc. Do you really think BMW would give them a private label when they are selling in the same country. China does a bunch of knock-offs that look similar, it is now happening in India. They also make the KTM RC390 in India

Yes they produce it but what they did was to re-engineer it as to not be in violation with what ever agreement they have with BMW.

It is still a nice bike, not a BMW

·
Registered
129 Posts
312.2 vs 313 on the identical bore and stroke do the math on 80mm X62.1 gives actual displacement of 312.1486cc so BMW is being creative.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Charles ..... TVS Builds the BMW G310R and GS in India and that bike ( the 310RR Apache ) is built in the same factory and the same assembly lines.
I wouldn't be so sure that it was the same assembly line, I thought I saw/read something in the past where
they were to produced in the same factory, but different assembly lines. Where did you get your info?

·
Registered
157 Posts
After doing some research an YouTube, they do share a few parts, but it still is not a repackage BMW.

The engine may be of the same casting, but the bore , coatings, displacement, etc. are different. Swingarm has to be different as the wheelbase is not the same. Front forks, brake rotor, exhaust, and frame are also different. The bike is a result of the BMW partnership and tweaked by TVS to satisfy the home market.

They managed to squeeze out a higher top speed thru gearing and the power curve is not the same. Unfortunately the TVS site still does not post the specs yet. I am sure it will be a big seller in India and how it affects the BMW 310R sales there will be interesting.

·
Registered
157 Posts
look closer, https://www.tvsapache.com/rr310/#techspec
9mm difference in wheelbase boils down to how the measurement was taken, after your first chain adjustment you will find your wheel base has grown pretty much that same 9mm.
The link is empty, there are no specs. I am sure they measure using un-ridden bikes to make comparison. If you want to believe it is a 310R with different body work, fine. Until more info is available we are both speculating. I guess we will have to wait and see. Maybe I can get the dealer to get a definite answer from BMW then we will know for sure.

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
most likely wont find it outside of India unless BMW decides to sell a G310RR and after some digging it looks like it could happen for 2019
Yes TVS has no dealers in North America.
It is my guess that BMW will add another version of this engine and frame to the 310 lineup.
Look at most of their other models. How many different versions are there of the boxer 1200?
Maybe a true GS "Adventure" and "RR" or even a naked version.:grin2:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yes TVS has no dealers in North America.
It is my guess that BMW will add another version of this engine and frame to the 310 lineup.
Look at most of their other models. How many different versions are there of the boxer 1200?
Maybe a true GS "Adventure" and "RR" or even a naked version.:grin2:
Article from Dec 2017 so it is still speculation, You may be right, but I will wait for more definite specs, I don't know why TVS is not publishing the specs when they have everything else on the site. However, I would still buy the Ninja 400 over the RR310. I don't know why Kawasaki can't put on an inverted fork when they have one on the 125Pro.

I guess BMW/TVS are the only ones with the foresight to do this (Hyosung also but they are rare to see and only 250cc) Wake up Japan.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts