BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after trying to "bond" with the GS, I have decided to sell it and move on to another style.
Great little bike, but just not for me.
Perhaps it was just too much of a difference from what I had before (K1200GT). I knew it
was a big change and thought this was what I needed.
Life is too short not to be happy, so I made a change to a cruiser style.
All the best to the members here, a very good bunch indeed.
Safe riding!
:smile2:
Rick

·
Registered
324 Posts
Life is too short not to be happy, so I made a change to a cruiser style.
And you thought that the change to the Baby GS was a style shock! >:)

But yeah - if you're not smiling while riding it, it's the wrong bike.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi!
Sad to hear you are selling your GS but get it's not what you need. When you go to sell it, shoot me a email to hlutsch at platinum dot ca
My son likes my GS bike and might want it. We are down in Calgary but Alberta is not THAT big :)

Regards,

Hans

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi!
Sad to hear you are selling your GS but get it's not what you need. When you go to sell it, shoot me a email to hlutsch at platinum dot ca
My son likes my GS bike and might want it. We are down in Calgary but Alberta is not THAT big :)

Regards,

Hans
Hans, bike is on the showroom floor at Argyll Motorsports in Edmonton.
They are asking $5800, bike has about $1200 in accessories and only 1500 kms.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you. What was it in particular that turned you off?
Turns out a few things but no one thing in particular, if that makes any sense.
1) Off-roading was not for my aging body as I thought I would be able to enjoy it more.
2) Being only 5'8" and only able to get on my toes at a stop was not a relaxing feeling.
3) From 160 hp down to 34hp was just too big of an adjustment, although a sensible one.
4) The few issues some were having and the recall were starting to annoy me. (Though I know
every thing has its faults.)
5) Lastly my plan was to go to a "Cruiser" style when I sold my "Sport Touring" bike, but I deviated
from that and bought the GS when I saw it. So after realizing I was not going to be a GS style rider
I have returned to my plan and bought a used 2011 Yamaha V Star 950 with 7000kms. Very nice
and well kept, comfortable ride.

Cheers all.
Rick.

Reactions: mtwashington
1 - 9 of 9 Posts