BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sometime have trouble finding neutral and occasionally when the green neutral light is on the engine is still in drive. this is on my 2022 G310GS - which I have had for a couple of months having moved down from a 1200 R.

Does anyone else had a similar problem?

I am not totally happy with the clutch as it appears to jump once it is half released - any comments regarding this.

I have been running BMW bikes for over twenty, this is obviously the smallest one so far and in all other respect I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes I've had the same experience, the green 'neutral' light comes on, release the clutch lever and jerk/bang it jumps into gear and the engine stops. This has only happened about 3/4 times, I can live with that.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I think it’s the slip/assist ramps are getting in your way. The Boxers had similar issues when first came out. Some riders chose to omit the ramp assembly but no aftermarket for 310 yet.
The easiest, least expensive fix is learn to hang after double checking adjustment. It’s quite likely one could install an earlier clutch or Recluse but gonna cost dear. Which is why nobody has done it yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yep, I've got the same issue. I have a hard time finding neutral and sometimes when I do it is still in gear. I have found if you put it in neutral while you are still moving verses from a stop it is much easier. Try that and see.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Sibesrule over the last 50+ years with British/Japanese/Italian bikes I've often found that 'nudging' the gear lever into neutral while slowly moving works every time.. The gearbox generally I've found while being adequate is far from the best. In the event of having to make a rapid unanticipated stop it's quite a palaver to get down from a high gear to either 1st or neutral involving much of 'rocking' the bike backwards and forwards with the clutch lever held 'in' while pressing the gear lever to achieve the desired result.

·
Registered
19 Posts
im starting to get the same issue with my 22.
ive just done 8000k and will be bringing it up with the dealer very soon.
also getting from second into third sometimes is becoming an issue too.
it seems to be ok when the bike is cold but once it warms up, the problem comes up, not constant but enough times to notice it and its becoming annoying

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the same issue and I had read that finding neutral on this bike is a pain, before I bought the bike. So I did expect this to happen. However, to overcome this, I just push the bike little bit forward while holding the clutch in, even if the neutral light is on, if I have the slightest doubt that it is still in gear.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Mine got better when I adjusted my clutch so I was engaging the clutch further. This had me thinking that the clutch cable might be stretching and engaging less clutch as it does. This possible explanation is consistent with this problem occuring after the bike has been ridden awhile and getting worse with time. My 2022 has 8,000 miles on it and I didn't notice the problem until recently.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts