BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

Front fender

13K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  porth 
#1 ·
I'm still interested in replacing the front fender with a front fender from a BMW RnineT (see attached picture)

Does anyone own an RnineT and a G310R? Could you try to fit the front fender from the RnineT to the R?

Is anyone sweet with their BMW dealer, could you persuade them to try fitting an RnineT fender to the R?

I saw both side by side and visually the front fender looks like it will fit, however, my dealer was hesitant about removing the fender from a new bike to see if it would fit on the R.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Here's an image of the front fender and the brackets.
I'm taking it that the concerns for fitting are the placement of the bolt holes (#5) to connect the brackets to the forks and the width between the forks?
The R nine t forks are 46mm compared to the g310r 41mm forks. The brackets are in the center of the forks which helps a bit.

#13 ·
I got a second hand RnineT fender on ebay for AU$120 including postage (postage was more expensive than the fender) and new side arms on ebay from a Chinese seller for AU$130.

I received the fender recently and was expecting it to be a bit scratched (as per description), but it's basically brand new apart from 1 very minor scratch invisible from 50cm. Still waiting on the side arms.

I'll post some photos when I fit the fender.

#14 ·
Got all the bits together, fits quite nicely!

Needed to drill out the side arms a bit (8mm) to get the original 310 screws to fit. I think the silver coloured side arms complement the silver grab handles at the back and the other silver parts on the bike.

I have attached a couple of photos.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.