BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Apologies for my constant questioning. My bike already has an aftermarket front screen and hand guards, while I like the hand guards and would have installed some myself if they weren't already on I'm not keen on the look of the front screen. Does it offer much wind protection? I won't be able to test ride it till next year now as I can't get a test booked.

Photo attached for visual

·
Super Moderator
1,020 Posts
Hi all,

Apologies for my constant questioning. My bike already has an aftermarket front screen and hand guards, while I like the hand guards and would have installed some myself if they weren't already on I'm not keen on the look of the front screen. Does it offer much wind protection? I won't be able to test ride it till next year now as I can't get a test booked.

Photo attached for visual

View attachment 15355
It's a personal preference. I prefer without a screen, and I'm perfectly happy riding at 110km/h for extended periods, although I mostly ride at 60-70km/h commuting to work.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It depends on how windy it is in your area and where you ride mostly. Generally speaking if you're bot going to ride on the highway, keep it off. The wind force makes the bike feel powerful, but the wind beats you around and can become tiring on daily commutes.🙌🏼🔥

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a personal preference. I prefer without a screen, and I'm perfectly happy riding at 110km/h for extended periods, although I mostly ride at 60-70km/h commuting to work.
To be fair I'll be the same (but in mph) :D won't be doing big motorway miles

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine came with one installed and it's actually one of the first things I took off as I won't be riding more than 100 that often and below that there's not really much difference whether you ride with or without.

·
Registered
2018 BMW G310R, 2009 BMW R1200GS
24 Posts
Hi all,

I got one of similar size from Aliexpress. It does take off most of the wind pressure to your chest, however at the same time, it was causing some wind noise in my helmet. I cut it down by 5 cm, much better now. Mine is dark grey and I like it, as it fits my bike with black tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts