BMW G310 R/GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
are there any fuel enrichment devices for 310gs? I use EJK on my CRF250 or Booster Plug in other bikes. But I do not see anything yet for our bike.... I am planning to fit Remus exhaust, and it would be beneficial to enrich the mixture. am i correct, that this bike has closed loop only ignition?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have not seen anything yet available, this bike uses a wide band O2 sensor for closed loop fuel injection control. the CRF250L uses a narrow band sensor and is only closed loop at lower rpm allowing for a piggy back controller to work.
I have the AFR+ on my CRF250L

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not seen anything yet available, this bike uses a wide band O2 sensor for closed loop fuel injection control. the CRF250L uses a narrow band sensor and is only closed loop at lower rpm allowing for a piggy back controller to work.
I have the AFR+ on my CRF250L
What about blocking the PAIR, secondary air injection system in our bike? I like to keep the bikes as clean as possible from all that stuff.

·
Registered
157 Posts
You can try www.magnumtuning.com they have 3 different versions.

Just putting on an exhaust does not require a fuel/air mod. If you opened up the airbox, it would be needed.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can try www.magnumtuning.com they have 3 different versions.

Just putting on an exhaust does not require a fuel/air mod. If you opened up the airbox, it would be needed.
I am not particularly trusting the magnum system. there are many negative reviews on it. i contacted EJK website, and they do not plan to make fuel controller for our bike, but they asked me if I can send the fuel injector picture in case that their other units can work with it. Anyone has the picture of it? EJK system is really nice, easy to dial in...

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
some of these systems, like the booster plug I have in some other bike, do not add much power but improve throttle response. it is an interesting option. does it work also with gs? in their website, it is specified for r version, but both bikes have probably the same ecu map.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anyway, I will first try if the bike runs more freely with unrestricted exhaust. my Akra is arriving in a couple of days. also 15T front sprocket should change how the bike feels.

the thing with fuel enricher is not just to gain more power, but to get away with overly lean map that is there for emission control, and causes the engine to overheat. What is nice about Triumph, is that the company offers different maps that go with their optional open slip-ons. But bmw is a German company, very strict and uptight in their mentality. In Germany, basically everything is illegal, even having LED headlights. Even if you change your handlebars, you need to get permission :( . At least, this what I hear...

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here is the response from Coober. it appears not to be the best option:

"Yes the ecu creats a fault code, for the reason that we extand the rev limiter for 1000rpm more, this meake sense on racing.

For a regular offroad ride i think the ecu is not the best way to go, it will make more power but the focus is more on high performance use.

My recommendation is to use high quality fuel and not any kind of engine tuning on gs.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I contacted EJK, and even though they do not have 310 fuel controller, it is possible that it might fit to our bike. I sent them the picture of throttle body with fuel injector, and their response was: That shows us which connector to use. Do you know which wire is the power and which one is the signal?

anyone knows the answer to this question?

EJK is an excellent system, and one can program it manually. It made a huge difference on my crf250. it is also relatively inexpensive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts